Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Alloys

Luke14

Hello Guys,

Just taken delivery of some new alloys. I’ve gone from steel 175/65 R14. To 195/50 R16. Just wondering is there anything I need to take into account when fitting, like will I need a steering rack limiter or how much will the Speedo be out? Also how do I make sure the offset is right. If you can’t tell I’m very new to this and appreciate all your help. TIA

Note that all speedo's are factory set at least 3% high so with your new wheels your speedo will be almost exactly right.

Rack limiters are only required for 17"+ on the Fiesta.  16's will be fine. 

Offset won't matter as they came from another Mk7 Fiesta.  That's really only an issue when swapping wheels between models or buying aftermarket.  If you want to know the offset, it will be stamped inside the rim.  'ET45' or similar.  The offset will be different between steels and alloys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Rack limiters are only required for 17"+ on the Fiesta.  16's will be fine. 

Offset won't matter as they came from another Mk7 Fiesta.  That's really only an issue when swapping wheels between models or buying aftermarket.  If you want to know the offset, it will be stamped inside the rim.  'ET45' or similar.  The offset will be different between steels and alloys.

Ok thanks a lot so even though my Fiesta is 2014 and there’s was a 2016, because they are both are mk7.5 then I don’t have to worry about the offset and won’t need to worry about the risk of the alloys scraping on the callipers or suspension. Is this correct. Thanks 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Luke14 said:

Ok thanks a lot so even though my Fiesta is 2014 and there’s was a 2016, because they are both are mk7.5 then I don’t have to worry about the offset and won’t need to worry about the risk of the alloys scraping on the callipers or suspension. Is this correct. Thanks 

Yes that's correct (to the best of my knowledge anyway!).  Hubs & callipers weren't different for models with steels.  Just for the ST models.

Good practice to test fit one anyway, just to make sure there are no fitment issues before you fit all 4. :smile: 

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yes that's correct (to the best of my knowledge anyway!).  Hubs & callipers weren't different for models with steels.  Just for the ST models.

Good practice to test fit one anyway, just to make sure there are no fitment issues before you fit all 4. :smile: 

Ok thanks a lot. Just waiting for the nuts to come through then will try them on 🙂. So other than that these will be a straight swap and should fit perfectly? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luke14 said:

Ok thanks a lot. Just waiting for the nuts to come through then will try them on 🙂. So other than that these will be a straight swap and should fit perfectly? 

Yeah, shouldn't be any fitting problems at all.  

Only other thing I'll say, as you're new to this, is that sometimes people sell alloys that are out of balance. Hopefully that won't be the case, but if you get a shake on the steering wheel after fitting them, that's all it is.  (Well, as long as you haven't left the wheel nuts loose haha!! :laugh: )

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah, shouldn't be any fitting problems at all.  

Only other thing I'll say, as you're new to this, is that sometimes people sell alloys that are out of balance. Hopefully that won't be the case, but if you get a shake on the steering wheel after fitting them, that's all it is.  (Well, as long as you haven't left the wheel nuts loose haha!! :laugh: )

Ahaha let’s hope I fit the wheel nuts tight enough. I messaged the person I bought them from and was told they had already been balanced so should be good. Will the tracking need doing?? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke14 said:

Ahaha let’s hope I fit the wheel nuts tight enough. I messaged the person I bought them from and was told they had already been balanced so should be good. Will the tracking need doing?? 

The tracking won't change.  So as long as it's in spec now (no tyre edge wear or wonky steering wheel) then it should still be fine afterwards.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The tracking won't change.  So as long as it's in spec now (no tyre edge wear or wonky steering wheel) then it should still be fine afterwards.

Oh ok. Thanks a lot for your help 

• Like 1

As you are very new to this - has someone shown you how to fit wheels properly?  You have a torque wrench?  You know the best tightening sequence for the four-stud?

7 hours ago, orangecurry said:

As you are very new to this - has someone shown you how to fit wheels properly?  You have a torque wrench?  You know the best tightening sequence for the four-stud?

Yes I have someone that is going to do it for me that is a bit more car savvy than me lol 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club