Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm sound when I put my fiesta in reverse

Rebecca161015

Hiya I have a Ford Fiesta metal. When I put it into reverse gear a siren like sound comes from inside the car for a couple of seconds does anyone know what this could be please

• Sad 1

Do you have rear parking sensors? Mine beeps when reverse is engaged 

1 hour ago, alanfp said:

No answer in there 😉

Depends on what sort of answer the OP is looking for. There are 38 references to the Parking Sensors and it does mention both the front and rear parking audible warnings.

It's difficult to offer any further advice to the OP when they are not here to answer any questions. 🤔

I do agree that the Ford owners handbooks are getting worse every year and contain little information of any practical use. In the last couple of weeks the site has been changed (for the worse) and it seems because we speak English we now have to suffer the American handbooks.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Yeah mine just started doing that as well after I had a flat battery. It’s a siren for a few seconds and then like 3 beeps my parking sensors don’t seem to be working now either 

• 4 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 3:49 PM, richp1970 said:

anyone found out the cause of the bleeping ?

Hi, I had this problem and fixed it whilst fixing an unrelated problem (DAB rear ground plate had fallen off of my rear bumper). I found it was caused by one of my rear parking sensors being 'unplugged' behind the bumper. Connected the two cables back together and the siren and 3 beeps are gone, and the sensor of course works again.
Hope this helps.

When I select reverse on my Titanium X it does not beep until the reversing sensors detect an obstacle. This is in contrast to my wife's Golf that does 'beep' when reverse is selected even if there is no obstacle behind. In my opinion the 'beep' when reverse is selected is sensible because it confirms that the reversing sensors are working and that you have actually selected reverse (especially useful on an automatic car). 

55 minutes ago, bertj said:

and that you have actually selected reverse (especially useful on an automatic car). 

Why ? 🤔

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Why ? 🤔

An extra level of security for drivers who have very poor eyesight 😆

• Haha 3

I'm genuinely amazed more accidents aren't caused by people trying to slow manoeuvre auto's, especially DSG types!  I can squeeze a manual into tiny parallel spaces.  No chance with DSG, damn thing always wants to go at its own pace.  Would not want to accidentally be in R!

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm genuinely amazed more accidents aren't caused by people trying to slow manoeuvre auto's, especially DSG types!  I can squeeze a manual into tiny parallel spaces.  No chance with DSG, damn thing always wants to go at its own pace.  Would not want to accidentally be in R!

Don't have that problem in an electric car. Fully controllable to the enth degree 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Don't have that problem in an electric car. Fully controllable to the enth degree 

Yes, I found similar when test driving Toyota and Honda hybrids. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

No chance with DSG, damn thing always wants to go at its own pace.

Understand what you're saying.  It's def easier with a slushmatic auto where by easing off the brake I find I CAN inch the car to and fro (well, cm it, actually).

I think it's because when the brake pedal is depressed, drive is (partially) disengaged, so when you release the brake, the transmission first has to engage drive and then move the car, so it's not so smooth. Because of that, if I want superfine control I make use of the handbrake to avoid this issue.

... and as above, so much easier in an electric car. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club