Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Motormax Reversing Camera for Fiesta MK8 '18 Titanium X

Radders76

Hi,

i will picking up my 18 plate Fiesta Titanium X later this week from a Ford dealership but it has no reversing camera. I've done a search on the web and a Motormax one comes up for £99 at Halfords with an extra £80 for fitting.

The same part is also on eBay from £15 upwards but i can't find any fitting videos or installation guides. Anyone know of any?

Should I just bite the bullet and get Halfords to fit or will they make a pigs ear of it?

Thanks.

Depends on what you want. Are you wanting the camera integrated with the Sync3 system or just an extra screen stuck on your dash ?

If integrated with the Sync3, do you want the coloured parking lines to move with the steering or are you happy to just have them stay still ?

How technically competent do you consider yourself, are you happy to start pulling the dashboard of your 2018 car to bits and modifying the wiring to the APIM ?

Should you get Halfords to make a pigs ear of it - I'm sure I couldn't comment 😉 

Hi, 

Yeah I want it integrated into Sync 3 with the moving coloured lines. 

Technically I'm a novice but with guides, videos, I'm willing to give it a go. 

If you want the all singing and dancing version then I would seriously recommend that you get it professionally installed. There is not just the hardware that has to be installed, there is also the reprogramming of the APIM which is easy if you know how to use FORScan, but also easy to turn in to a brick if you don't.

Check with Halfords that the coloured parking lines will move with there system.

Thanks that's probably the best thing to do. 

• Like 1

I went with this one.. https://www.in-car-install.co.uk/shop/reversing-cameras/ford-fiesta-sync3-reversing-reverse-camera-kit-2018-onwards/   easy enough to fit, just remember when inserting the wiring loom to push it together very firmly and test before refitting the clocks. The parking lines do NOT move with this camera and there is no need to use forscan.

4 hours ago, deandeandean said:

The parking lines do NOT move with this camera and there is no need to use forscan.

Watching the video I can't see any parking lines. 

Thanks Dean, 

That one did come up when I was researching. Bit pricey for something that doesn't have the lines though. 

• 10 months later...

Did you end up going for the motorman and Halfords installation? If so how did it go? Does the lines move?

I’m considering this for my car currently 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club