Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P132B

lywfiesta

Hello! I have a problem with my Fiesta 1.5 TDCI 2015. 
Two months ago "service engine now" message pop up along with an orange spanner.

The first time I deleted the error and it did not appear again for more than a month. A few days ago it started to reappear almost daily.
Car goes into limp mode when it happens. Restarting the car will generally clear the problem for a short while. 

I've had diagnostics done on it and faults found are:

P132B - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control A Performance
            - Signal amplitude too high

2599   - unknown

It seems to be a turbo high boost problem, but I don't know what the cause is. Can you help me?

Possible problems are the Turbo Waste gate not opening.  Other worth looking at are the intercooler has oil in it restricting boost pressure to the engine.  As a last resort,  have a laptop fault code check ?

On 7/31/2022 at 6:59 PM, Old Hand said:

Possible problems are the Turbo Waste gate not opening.  Other worth looking at are the intercooler has oil in it restricting boost pressure to the engine.  As a last resort,  have a laptop fault code check ?

When engine is off, Wastegate actuator arm is 1 cm out. When i start the engine, that 1 cm is sucked in and it's stay in until the engine go to Limp Mode. In Limp Mode actuator arm in out and not going in until i restart the car. 
That means Wastegate actuator is bad or something else can cause that problem?

• 5 months later...

I didn't change anything, the only thing that helped me was to tighten the collars that go in and out of the turbo and to clean the actuator with air. That's how I managed to get rid of the frequent occurrence of this error. The only time it appeared again was when I drove over 200km without stopping the engine and then it reappeared continuously that day. The last time this happened was 2 months ago, since then I haven't had any problems with that error even though I drove 300-400km a week.

On 7/31/2022 at 6:59 PM, Old Hand said:

I'm not sure, but i think that oil cooler was the problem that caused this errors.
It is possible that the oil cooler was cracked and a little oil got into the intercooler and because of this the pressure was too high (I sometimes got the low oil pressure notification when I started the engine in the morning). I don't know for sure, but I think that error was due to the oil cooler, which completely broke 3 weeks ago and put all the oil in the cooling system. I replaced the oil cooler, the oil filter, I cleaned the cooling system because it was full of oil, and that's how I think I solved all the problems.

• 4 months later...
On 7/28/2022 at 2:25 AM, lywfiesta said:

Two months ago "Service engine now" message pop up along with an orange spanner.

The first time I deleted the error and it did not appear again for more than a month. A few days ago it started to reappear almost daily.
Car goes into limp mode when it happens. Restarting the car will generally clear the problem for a short while. 

2599   - unknown

It seems to be a turbo high boost problem, but I don't know what the cause is. Can you play a small world cup game with me ?

The car actually does need something checked? hoping to hear back.

• Confused 1

• 6 months later...
On 7/28/2022 at 2:25 PM, lywfiesta said:

Two months ago "Service engine now" message pop up along with an orange spanner.

2599   - unknown

It seems to be a turbo high boost problem, but I don't know what the cause is. Can you help me? Candy Crush

The fault codes you've mentioned suggest a problem with the turbocharger boost control system.The P132B fault code indicates that the signal amplitude from the boost control system is too high. This could be due to a faulty sensor or a wiring issue. Inspect the turbocharger boost pressure sensor and its wiring for any signs of damage or loose connections. 

5 hours ago, lauryfriese said:

Inspect the turbocharger boost pressure sensor and its wiring for any signs of damage or loose connections. 

Good advice , but 18 months to late !

Always worth checking the date of the post before posting a reply, in this case "Posted July 28, 2022"

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club