Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transmission

scott1993

Ok let me paint the picture. I was driving my car, i was about to change the gear but for some reason it wouldnt go in. I had to pull up on the side of the road and put footbreak on, clutch on n hand break. I then had to turn the engine off and back on again to be able to engage the gears again. Does anyone know esacally the right fix for this problem. Im not sure if its a clutch or gearbox issue.

One single incident is difficult to diagnose unfortunately.  It's usually a clutch fault if you can select the gear with the engine off.  But if you continued the journey immediately (no cool down time) and didn't have any further issues with gears then we can't really confirm it either way.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

One single incident is difficult to diagnose unfortunately.  It's usually a clutch fault if you can select the gear with the engine off.  But if you continued the journey immediately (no cool down time) and didn't have any further issues with gears then we can't really confirm it either way.

It has happend before when i was reversing out of a bay and about to drive off it did it then. It has done on approche to a roundabout junction it would select the lower gear that i wanted it to go into. So two over previous times.

27 minutes ago, scott1993 said:

It has happend before when i was reversing out of a bay and about to drive off it did it then. It has done on approche to a roundabout junction it would select the lower gear that i wanted it to go into. So two over previous times.

Ok, thanks.  So it's happening in different gears and coming down as well as up?  That does add a bit more weight to the clutch being the problem.

I still wouldn't want to go to the expense of having the clutch replaced unless it becomes more frequent or shows other symptoms personally.

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

So it's happening in different gears and coming down as well as up?  That does add a bit more weight to the clutch being the problem.

Agreed 👍

Could be the beginnings of the clutch slave cylinder starting to fail, slight pressure loss causing the clutch to not fully disengage.

Thanks for you help guys i will be looking to get this fixed from what you both are saying it must be the clutch. Have to get some money together now cause its not going to be cheap lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club