Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re-Fuelling Problem

splinkymalinky

Good morning everyone from a new member. I am having very frustrating problems every time I try to re-fuel. I have a 2009 Fiesta Zetec but the tank simply does not want to take the fuel It constantly cuts out from the punp hose and consequently I spend many many minutes looking conpletely stupid at the pump whilst other people are waiting. I can only assume that there is some sort of air lock in the tank. This does not only happen when the fuel is very low. It happened again yesterday when I tried to re-fuel with a half full tank. Anybody had the same problem - or any suggestions please. thank you...........

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning everyone from a new member. I am having very frustrating problems every time I try to re-fuel. I have a 2009 Fiesta Zetec but the tank simply does not want to take the fuel It constantly cuts out from the punp hose and consequently I spend many many minutes looking conpletely stupid at the pump whilst other people are waiting. I can only assume that there is some sort of air lock in the tank. This does not only happen when the fuel is very low. It happened again yesterday when I tried to re-fuel with a half full tank. Anybody had the same problem - or any suggestions please. thank you...........

8 days late...

its probably a blocked or crushed breather pipe.

8 days late...

its probably a blocked or crushed breather pipe.

Thank you so much Stef - I am a mere female and wouldn't know about such things. However, the car is going in for its first service tomorrow so I shall mention your comments to the engineers and perhaps they will take it on board.

Thank you so much Stef - I am a mere female and wouldn't know about such things. However, the car is going in for its first service tomorrow so I shall mention your comments to the engineers and perhaps they will take it on board.

hopefully as your car is quite new and under warranty it wont cost you anything either :)

i had this on my car, basically when you put the nozzle in, kind of let it hang on its own weight, otherwise the nozzle is at the wrong angle and cuts out! Hope this helps

i had this on my car, basically when you put the nozzle in, kind of let it hang on its own weight, otherwise the nozzle is at the wrong angle and cuts out! Hope this helps

Thanks to you too RCJ - an interesting comment. I shall definitely try that too............................

Try what RCJ said before paying for any repairs, unless of course it's covered in warranty.

Thank you too RCJ - an interesting thought - I will definitely try your suggestion, although I have tried before putting the nozzle half way into the tank but that doesn't seem to work either....Do you still have the problem EVERY time you re-fuel?

Not everytime, just certain petrol stations. Make sure the nizzle is fully in, and dont try to support the handle in just let it kind of drop, just play around until it fills. I had the same problem with my old ca, i think if you have the wrong angle the sensor on the pump is odd...

Happy Fuelling :)

Not everytime, just certain petrol stations. Make sure the nizzle is fully in, and dont try to support the handle in just let it kind of drop, just play around until it fills. I had the same problem with my old ca, i think if you have the wrong angle the sensor on the pump is odd...

Happy Fuelling :)

Thanks again RCJ. Just another quick question ( like the colour of the car by the way) - I previously had a Focus, but since changing to the Fiesta I find the air con is nowhere near as efficient. I am very disappointed in it. I have sent a note to the engineers as it is being serviced today to check it out, but it may just be that as it is a smaller car - this is the result. If so, - I may have to change back again!!!

The air con might just need re charging, i'm not completely sure, But mine seems fine, actually it seems awesome, first car ive had with Air Con so i couldnt compare on that one :) The service should figure it out though, plus it should still be under warranty :)

Thanks i love the colour too!

You'll have to get some pics up of your car for everyone else to see :D

Thanks to you too RCJ - an interesting comment. I shall definitely try that too............................

Hi RCJ ( re- Fiesta refuelling problem) Just thought I would let you know that I have filled up since our last post. I took your advice i.e. just let the pump hang on its own weight - and I am so pleased to say that it actually worked. this is the first time in a whole year that I have been able to fill up without any problems....thank you so much.....Hope everybody else with this problem reads your post................

• 2 weeks later...

as for the air con, most new fords have a sensor that dos not allow the air con to go below 4 degrees c hope this helps

as for the air con, most new fords have a sensor that dos not allow the air con to go below 4 degrees c hope this helps

its based on vws system aircon temp wont go below 4 degrees and in the winter wont engage if outside temp is below 5 degrees to prevent the compressor from freezing

• 5 months later...

Hi RCJ ( re- Fiesta refuelling problem) Just thought I would let you know that I have filled up since our last post. I took your advice i.e. just let the pump hang on its own weight - and I am so pleased to say that it actually worked. this is the first time in a whole year that I have been able to fill up without any problems....thank you so much.....Hope everybody else with this problem reads your post................

haha, only just found this reply, so if you ever come on here again, no problem!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club