Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK7 Pre Face Sony Head unit?

ayvo

So this might be a bit of a stupid question and I apologise if it is, but I've been looking into buying a fiesta mk7 for a couple of months now, specifically looking into the pre face due to budget reasons, but in my months of looking and hundreds of cars I've looked at I haven't seen a single pre facelift with the Sony stereo/head unit, apart from one 2010 one I saw for sale the other day.. is it something that the owner/previous owners would have retrofitted or was it a rare option? and what's the difference between the Sony infotainment system vs the bigger red screen one (the one that's known as the bluetooth one as far as I know), thanks for the help

49 minutes ago, Aldridge Andy said:

It tended to be Titanium or Titanium X that used to have the Sony head unit as standard. Early Mk7 all had Ford branded head units, then around 2010 the Sony branded facia started to appear.

Yes, I had a 2010 Titanium with the Sony branded unit. Iirc it was only standard on the Titanium then, but optional on Zetec, Zetec S and Metal.

Features of the Sony were DAB, MP3 compatibility, bluetooth, USB connection, but as there was also a Ford branded optional unit with the same features I'm not sure what the advantage of the Sony was, other than different looks.

ah okay, thanks for the replies guys, now I know that it was indeed an option, I just need to find out what the differences between the 2 are, if anyone else knows or has any idea i would appreciate it 😊

another thing that just popped up in my head that I wanted to ask, did all the Sony head units on the fiesta mk7 from 2010 onwards come with the capilbiity to both take calls AND play music through bluetooth? I've heard some fiestas only came with the capilbiity to only take calls through it, not sure if the Sony one came standard with both or if the Sony one was possible to come with the capilbiity of taking calls only too.. and if it was an option is there any way I can tell the difference by just looking at anything or is there no way of me telling without connecting it up? thanks 

9 hours ago, ayvo said:

did all the Sony head units on the fiesta mk7 from 2010 onwards come with the capilbiity to both take calls AND play music through Bluetooth? 

Pic below is the audio section of a Mk 7 brochure from 2011, which shows the claimed capabilities of the Sony and Ford branded units. There seems no mention of bluetooth audio. 

Bear in mind this was over 10 years ago and this stuff was still pretty new then. 

I'm not 100% sure (I didn't even have a bluetooth phone back then!) but the fact that the brochure refers to audio via aux, mp3 and usb and makes no mention of bluetooth audio suggests it didn't have it.

IMG_20220817_101400_hdr.jpg

I just got an 09 Zetec. Can confirm in this model it does have bluetooth for music and phone calls. It's the Ford not Sony one though. Works a treat for Spotify with wheel controls.