Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OEM reverse camera activation

robbo73

Hi,

I have a 2018 Fiesta with Sync 3. It doesn't have satnav built in, and it did not come with a reverse camera as standard.

Recently, we had a minor bump, and to repair it, I bought a secondhand tailgate - simple repair, and the car is good as new. However, the new (secondhand) tailgate is from a vehicle that did have an OEM reversing camera as standard. I'd like to activate this camera if possible.

I will need a wiring harness of some kind to connect from the boot connector to the entertainment system, and I assume there will be some config needed.

Does anyone know...

1) What hardware I need

2) Do I need to get a dealer to do a config, or can I use an OBD2 programmer of some sort (apologies - I'm from BMW world, so am used to things like BimmerCode and Carly, but not the Ford equivilant).

Many thanks!

10 hours ago, robbo73 said:

I'm from BMW world,

I guess the first thing that will have surprised you about the Fiesta is it comes with indicators as standard 🤣

The diagnostic and programming software you need is called FORScan. It is available for free use on a laptop. You will also require the 'vLinker FS' connecting cable.

FORScan : https://forscan.org/download.html

vLinker FS cable (£35) : https://www.obd2shop.co.uk/wholesale/vgate-vlinker-fs-elm327-for-ford.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw39uYBhCLARIsAD_SzMSfH6ZxzCZB5JkC1G4tz1BvWDDjq8bSGjwbfnl5dE3qejj_dkCwEP8aAhr1EALw_wcB 

• Like 1

If you can get hold of the donor vehicle that the tailgate came from then go get the harness from that.

Then configure in Forscan on APIM and the dynamic lines will work also

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveT70 said:

Just to add:

If you have factory rear park aid fitted on your vehicle and PAM.

If not you will need this too 

Thanks - thankfully I did take the indicator option on my Bimmer.... 😄

7 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Just to add:

If you have factory rear park aid fitted on your vehicle and PAM.

If not you will need this too 

It does have factory rear park aid sensors - not sure about PAM? How do I check that?

8 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

If you can get hold of the donor vehicle that the tailgate came from then go get the harness from that.

I won't be able to get hold of the donor vehicle sadly - it was just a guy selling loads of random fiesta parts on eBay. Does anyone know the part number/s I need please?

Cheers

10 hours ago, robbo73 said:

not sure about PAM? How do I check that?

When you connect to Forscan to configure, PAM will show up as a fitted module, if it's present

• Like 1

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me so far.

I just need to know the part number for the wiring loom.....There's a wire with a grey (I think) plug on it from the camera to the head lining - so I just need something to get from there to whatever control unit it plugs into. Any ideas?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 10:46 AM, robbo73 said:

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me so far.

I just need to know the part number for the wiring loom.....There's a wire with a grey (I think) plug on it from the camera to the head lining - so I just need something to get from there to whatever control unit it plugs into. Any ideas?

Cheers

hello,

i have on my hand the factory reserve camera for my stline 2018 witch does not have standard camera.

do you find the way ? may i have some information about?

thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club