Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help With Fiesta Tdci 58 Plate

Ingramator

I really need help, i have taken my car to a garage as the gearbox is broken wont go into 3rd, 4th, 5th or reverse.

Basically had loads of hassle with garage, first they said no courtesy car, then they said whole new gearbox needs changing and they rang for to do this, day after tehy then said they are going to try and fix the gearbox.... now there saying there are metal shavings in the gearbox oil around the sump or something, and they may need to sent photos to ford in order to see if still under warranty, i personally think they are trying 2 take me for a joke!!

please can anyone help me as they are now saying i will need to pay for this myself instead of under warranty :S even tho its a 58 plate and only 25000 on clock!

Please tell me ford need to do this as i bought the car 6 months ago!!!

I really need help, i have taken my car to a garage as the gearbox is broken wont go into 3rd, 4th, 5th or reverse.

Basically had loads of hassle with garage, first they said no courtesy car, then they said whole new gearbox needs changing and they rang for to do this, day after tehy then said they are going to try and fix the gearbox.... now there saying there are metal shavings in the gearbox oil around the sump or something, and they may need to sent photos to ford in order to see if still under warranty, i personally think they are trying 2 take me for a joke!!

please can anyone help me as they are now saying i will need to pay for this myself instead of under warranty :S even tho its a 58 plate and only 25000 on clock!

Please tell me ford need to do this as i bought the car 6 months ago!!!

Where did you buy the car from

Has it got FSH (on time)

Does it have a 3 year ford warranty

Have you taken it back to a ford main dealer

was it serviced by a ford main dealer

Is it an import

Who was the original supplying dealer

How many owners before you

How long have you had it,before the box stopped working.

Give us this sort of information and we might be able to give you some advice

Dave

Dave

Where did you buy the car from

Has it got FSH (on time)

Does it have a 3 year ford warranty

Have you taken it back to a ford main dealer

was it serviced by a ford main dealer

Is it an import

Who was the original supplying dealer

How many owners before you

How long have you had it,before the box stopped working.

Give us this sort of information and we might be able to give you some advice

Dave

Dave

I bought the car from ford, it had all the services from ford, i bought it in december having slight trouble with the gearbox because having trouble getting into 3rd, it has gone complelty now, after 6 months of me having it! 1 owner before me, Its not an import and yes i have taken it back to a ford dealer

I bought the car from ford, it had all the services from ford, i bought it in december having slight trouble with the gearbox because having trouble getting into 3rd, it has gone complelty now, after 6 months of me having it! 1 owner before me, Its not an import and yes i have taken it back to a ford dealer

You say there were problems selecting 3rd. Was this from when you bought it from the dealer? Was this written down anywhere (there should be a form that records any damage/faults etc to the vehicle)? Did you mention it to any sales person or someone else at the dealership at the time of purchase? Did the sale include any warranty (apart from the original manufacturer's warranty)?

The problem could be a manufacturing fault (in which case it should be covered by the original warranty) or it could be wear caused by the previous owner abusing the car. It's possible the original owner traded it in due to this problem with the gearbox - was the vehicle serviced by the same dealer originally? (there could be some paperwork noting this fault during a previous service or when the vehicle was inspected when it was taken in as a trade-in).

Back in 2005 I had the same problem fith a fusion 1.4tdci,which is the same drivetrain as a fiesta.

The problem was the DMF/clutch had sheared due to faulty build and metal filings got into the engine and gearbox.

The car was 2 years old and had been serviced every time at my local main dealer,

They were actually very good with me,giving me a hire car for 10 days and they replaced the engine and gearbox.

I was asked to pay £130 for a new clutch plate,as I had contributed to at least some wear and tear,the car had about 50k miles.,but otherwise everything was covered by Ford.

The dealer told me as I had a fsh with the garage I bought it from,ford were happier to accept fault,whereas a car bought at one place,then serviced at various others may not have been looked on so leniently,hence my questions above,

Dont push them too much on "theres only 25k miles",a car with low miles is often more likely to have a driver damaged clutch,

Are you in the AA RAC it might be worth calling them for some advice or a second opinion.

Dave