Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric window gets stuck halfway (with video)

bockercharlie

Hi,

I have this problem when raising the drivers electric window. It goes down no problem but this happens when going up. I’ve stripped the door down and it seems to be in the correct track. Thanks in advance. 

That sounds painfully labored, the motor is really struggling. Get some silicon polish and give the guide rails a good soaking with it.

1 hour ago, unofix said:

That sounds painfully labored, the motor is really struggling. Get some silicon polish and give the guide rails a good soaking with it.

Thanks, I previously removed the window completely and sprayed some WD40 on the guide rails, but I'll try the silicon polish.

It's almost like the bit pushing the window up is sitting too far behind the centre of the window, and applying uneven force to the rear part of the window, causing it to travel up and 'forwards' rather than just up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bockercharlie said:

Thanks, I previously removed the window completely and sprayed some WD40 on the guide rails, but I'll try the silicon polish.

It's almost like the bit pushing the window up is sitting too far behind the centre of the window, and applying uneven force to the rear part of the window, causing it to travel up and 'forwards' rather than just up.

When you say the guide rails, is this where the glass slides, or on the runners where the mechanism goes up and down ?

On my 2007 Fiesta, when I removed the mechanism, the grease was dry and hard.  I gave it a good clean, and put some fresh grease on the slides.

My window failed completely in the "down" position - good job it was sunny.

The drive pinion on the motor had lost more teeth than my granny, so checking the whole mechanism, ie the "Regulator Assembly", that has the Bowden cables, the grease on sliders was pretty grotty.  A pain to get at, as the inner panel has to come out, IIRC, Luckily I had time on my side whilst I tried to source a replacement motor.  But ended up fitting a replacement pinion (there is a thread with details on here somewhere).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club