Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FoMoCo Stereo Made in Portugal with non Ford Serial No.

Haydn in Aust

Hi All, I am an Aussie with a 2008 Fiesta made in Czech Republic with a stereo unit made in Portugal.

I recently had an issue with the Stereo system not turning off/on, volume was stuck at a medium high level and had to disconnect the battery terminal. On trying to find a code to restart the stereo and not finding anything in the handbook I rang my local Ford dealer who instructed me to ring Ford Australia, which I did, and they said to get the serial number off the unit. Got the serial number, and it does not match a Ford vehicle for a car sold in Australia. It has the FoMoCo (I assume Ford Motor Company - Made in Portugal) labelling and a serial number of Z027934. Does anyone recognise this serial number and how I can find the code?

Any help on this matter is moist welcome.

Thanks,

Haydn1509008823_StereoSerialNumber.thumb.jpg.06597bbb02435c9f61abd3ad11ddef76.jpg

Do you have a separate screen display for this radio unit ?

As far as I can remember the unit in your photo is linked by the vehicles VIN number and does not require a code. If you have a separate screen it is actually that which requires the code. You will find a different serial number on the back of the display.

• Like 1

Hi Unofix,

Thanks for the reply. Yes. The screen is up in the middle of the dash. Had to remove the 'lid' to get access to take off the face plate of controls, to remove the player. Did not check that but will now. I'll let you know in either case.

Cheers,

Haydn

P. S. My wife is from Stockton-on-Tees (emigrated to Australia in '82) and her Mam (Mum) loved Durham. 

• Like 1

Try going for a 30 minute drive, had this in my vw work van. 

4 hours ago, 59bhp said:

Try going for a 30 minute drive, had this in my vw work van.

and did that help you find the radio code ? 🤔

Hi Unofix,

Got the serial code and rang Ford Aust today. Will try it when the wife gets home with thew car. No process listed in the manual, but customer service says to <Accessories>, <4 digit code> and then a <5> to confirm code. Your experience?

Thanks for assistance,

Cheers,

Haydn

Back of Stereo display with Serial no. etc. Found others online with same model, part no, and different serial no. etc to confirm. 

Serial  no. of Screen right side up.jpg

On 10/1/2022 at 5:49 PM, unofix said:

and did that help you find the radio code ? 🤔

It did, I assume the component protection timed out 🤷‍♂️ 

What shows up on the screen. As the 2008 onwards mk7 doesn't have a code. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Haydn in Aust said:

Back of Stereo display with Serial no. etc. Found others online with same model, part no, and different serial no. etc to confirm. 

As per 'iantt' above. I have checked the serial numbers of your units and confirm that they are not coded in the way that you type in a 4 digit code.

The system is matched to the vehicles VIN number and other modules in the car to confirm the security.

Put the system fully back together and disconnect the battery negative lead for 20 minutes. Then reconnect battery wait a couple of minutes and turn the ignition on. The system should power back up.

Good Luck !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, The screen display's date (wrong after the battery reconnect) and the time (was able to be changed from buttons off the side of the display). No other functions, power on/off, number buttons, CD/Radio, etc. work. Will do as unofix says and disconnect again for 20 mins and see. Watched a Youtube video that suggested the sync fuse (which I replaced) but to no avail. 

Will let you know. Cheers,

Hi iantt, The screen doesn't even flash with a "code" to enter the number I was given, but as stated on previous post, no other buttons for stereo function work. Will try unofix's suggestion. Cheers,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club