Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk8 sync update

Fordfootforward

Hi all,

been having a tinker and it seems the last time my mk8 fiesta’s sync system was updated was in 2018. 
I’ve tried connecting it to Wi-Fi and doing a search for new updates but after 5mins it just says something like “unable to check for updates, check at another convenient time” 

so I went down the whole usb route, followed the instructions from ford by the letter, converted USB to exFAT, only had folders on usb that I needed to do upgrade etc.. started car, plugged into USB port (says to wait up to 2mins for it to register USB) waited 5mins and nothing… 

I’m a bit stumped as to what to do next.. with the system having no special attention over the past 4 years does anyone think a master reset would help? 

thanks for any ideas. 

I had trouble but realised that windows was formatting the ex fat as GPT by default, it needs to be MBR format. After that it picked up the USB stick.

might be that?

• Thanks 1

Thank you! So same process as I did to get it to exFAT but select format to MBR? Thank you again

I’ve done it l, thank you. 
updated to sync 3 version 3.0 

I was kind of expecting something really different, like new colours etc but honestly looks identical to before (version 2.3) definitely been spoilt by apple’s iOS updates! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club