Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!! FORD S-MAX 09 Plate.

Kit7

Help!!!

FORD S-MAX 09 Plate.

While driving last week the engine malfunction came on with what I think is the traction light.

Vehicle started shuddering so pulled over, turned engine off & waited a few moments. Turned ignition & started engine & everything was fine & carried on driving.

Cars been driving fine till today, started car this morning & engine malfunction came on with the same skid warning light.

I’ve tried it three times during the day & same issue. 

Any suggestions as to what this is would be much appreciated, my mechanic is currently on holiday so can’t have his input till next week.

Cheers. 

• Sad 1

You need to get the DTC using FORScan.

Possible problem with the ABS caused by a faulty wheel sensor could be the cause but it is essential that you don't guess and that you get the correct info from FORScan.

Download FORScan: https://forscan.org/download.html

ELM327(modified) connecting cable: https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_with_switch_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx

• 1 month later...

I had exactly the same problem with my wife's 09 diesel auto s max.  The traction control light would come on, putting on diagonally operated brakes, and also

various error messages would appear at different times such as 'diesel filter overcharged' .. 'auto transmission requires service' .. and sometimes the engine management light would come on and stay on.

Turning the ignition off and back on cleared the fault for a while.  Sometimes whilst driving the car felt a bit 'flat' - that was without any warning lights or messages.

The fault, apparently, was the turbo. My local workshop cleaned the vanes which has resulted in a car with oomph .. and no warning lights or messages appearing.  No new parts were required.

No ABS fault was ever found on a diagnostics check.  Seemingly one fault ( a dirty turbo, for want of a better description) can cause error messages further down the line..

1 hour ago, Gleen said:

Seemingly one fault ( a dirty turbo, for want of a better description) can cause error messages further down the line..

Certainly true of my car - a clogged fuel filter caused the traction control warning lamp to sometimes light up.

• 5 months later...

did you get this issue fixed? sounds very similar to a p2263 code I kept getting