Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My new Ecoboom :)

Twincle
聽Share

I love it, but.......... I am aware I am sitting on a financial time bomb particularly as the next service is 10 years and is down for a timing belt (wet belt too).

However, what I have at the moment is the heating doesnt get that hot on full even afte 20 minutes, which I hadnt noticed before it got blooming cold in the morning聽馃ザ

Also, the fan kicks in all the time the car is running but does stop when the engine goes off, it doesnt continually run after that and am wondering if the two could be linked?

4 minutes ago, Twincle said:

at the moment is the heating doesnt get that hot on full even afte 20 minutes

Yes they often have that problem just before they go 'boom' 馃ぃ

Seriously you need to investigate as the ecoboom does have cooling issues. Has it lost any coolant from the expansion tank ? Also does the cooling fan stop running if you switch the Air Con completely off ?

Just now, unofix said:

the ecoboom does have cooling issues.

... but usually OVER heating rather than UNDER heating, I understand.

11 minutes ago, Twincle said:

wondering if the two could be linked?

I think they could well be. Though I don't know enough to suggest why the fan is running when perhaps it shouldn't. Might be a temp sensor that has failed and failed "safe" which is how you would hope it's designed - like the radiator louvres which require an electrical signal to CLOSE them.

• Like 1

The fan will run continuously if the AC is on and it can't achieve the desired temp. Low refrigerant can sometimes be the cause.

Also a thermostat stuck in the open position will cause the engine to run cold.

ok on the work run this morning, if i turn ac off and auto off it gets warm.聽 If i switch off ac, fan stops.聽 if ac on, engine temp never seems to rise聽

Not my area of expertise so guess it will be a call to ford today聽

• Like 1

11 hours ago, unofix said:

Has it lost any coolant from the expansion tank ? Also does the cooling fan stop running if you switch the Air Con completely off ?

Thats one check I haven't done yet, will do after work

and thank you for the pointers too聽馃憤

• Like 1

Thermostat stuck open was a problem for me cost 拢150 to be replaced. cabin is now toasty warm within around 5 miles

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cjay1 said:

Thermostat stuck open was a problem for me cost 拢150 to be replaced. cabin is now toasty warm within around 5 miles

booked in with ford guildford, 2/12, only had it just under 3 months from ford so should be covered by them.聽 They never said anything about charges so far

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/17/2022 at 11:35 PM, unofix said:

Has it lost any coolant from the expansion tank ? Also does the cooling fan stop running if you switch the Air Con completely off ?

Coolant level checked and ok, ac on = fan on, ac off = fan off

• 2 weeks later...

Well I took it in to Ford.聽 They said its normal to have the fan running all the time the air con is on if the cabin is 23dgs +.聽 So I said in effect the aircon is a fan switch, but hey ho, I have heating on the normal fan.聽 At some point I'll get the ac recharged to see if that makes any difference.

There is a screeching noise coming from offside front and is a binding caliper which they are replacing when they get the part in, so at least they can sort that out as its v.v.very annoying.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club