Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clicks , Pops and Stutters after updating to Sync 3.4

ObieDaz

Hi Guys, nice to meet you.

I Hope I do not post somewhere that I shouldn’t. I Did search quite a lot on the internet about the issue that I’m having , but I can’t seem to find anything that resembles my issue, nor any fixes, That’s why I decided to ask for help here.

First off , I recently purchased a Ford Fiesta ST-Line 2018 Model.
I Live in Greece , but the car was made and sold in Germany, and then imported here in Greece, where I bought it, a month or so before.

A couple days ago , I’ve updated my car’s Sync system , from 3.0.20204 (which was the version that I bought it with) to 3.4.22251 (Latest from Syn3 Updater)

Everything went smoothly , the installation took about 40-50 minutes , I did a master reset right after the installation , and then proceeded to connect my iPhone
via bluetooth and all. everything works great. the system is faster , looks better and feels more modern. however I do have an issue.

Every time I listen to music via bluetooth or Apple CarPlay (both ways with Spotify app) or when I’m making a call (both on CarPlay and sync3 system) there’s two issues.

When listening to music , there seems to be a stutter in the songs , at random times (approx. once or twice per song) its definitely audible , but not extremely loud. it happens every time just for a fraction of a second.

When making a phone call , every couple of seconds (approx. 30-40) there’s a kind of loud “click” or “pop” sound like when the power is cut from a speaker, but everything continues to work like normal.

The thing is that apart from that being annoying I’m worried that it could potentially damage the head unit , or the Speakers.

is there any way to fix this issue ? anyone had something similar happen to him / her?

I've already tried Master resetting the head unit , and removing the car from my phone's bluetooth devices and then reconnecting all over again , but it still happens.

also when i tried using the cable only , without the phone's bluetooth , it happens again.

Thanks in Advance Guys, appreciate every reply.

The audio stutter via bluetooth or USB is a known issue with Sync 3.4.

I think the older APIM can't quite keep up with the newer OS. MY20 APIM are clocked at 1.5 GHz for the CPU, instead of the original 1.0 GHz.

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 3:45 PM, ObieDaz said:

I See. well is there anything i can do to fix that?

Maybe stick to the latest Sync 3.0 update that’s designed for your APIM - less complex firmware hopefully reduces the CPU load and the glitches. 

It could be a case of keep 3.4 and accept glitches or roll back to 3.0 and have a less modern look but less glitches too.

9 hours ago, Aldridge Andy said:

Maybe stick to the latest Sync 3.0 update that’s designed for your APIM - less complex firmware hopefully reduces the CPU load and the glitches. 

It could be a case of keep 3.4 and accept glitches or roll back to 3.0 and have a less modern look but less glitches too.

You can’t roll back to 3.0 once you’ve gone to 3.4. 

I'm sure you can?

There are some options listed for "Downgrades" In Synupdater

Thou it does sound very complex to do so.

1 hour ago, VKleita said:

I'm sure you can?

There are some options listed for "Downgrades" In Synupdater

Thou it does sound very complex to do so.

Nope, only to 3.2 would be lowest you can go.

It reformats the device with the different partition scheme.

There is no way back to 3.0

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club