Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Heated windscreen


Trowie123
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, go easy I'm new here, 2012 zetec s diesel, heated windscreen works on both sides in the warm but in the winter only on passenger side, can't be fuse as it sometimes works, been told a possible relay as there is 2 relays and anyone know where they are so I can change both, many thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, Trowie123 said:

2012 zetec s diesel, heated windscreen works on both sides in the warm

I'm confused how you would know both sides work in the warm. The heated front screen won't be active if the outside temperature is above 7oC

The Front screen relays are in the engine compartment fusebox.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, unofix said:

I'm confused how you would know both sides work in the warm. The heated front screen won't be active if the outside temperature is above 7oC

The Front screen relays are in the engine compartment fusebox.

Because if the windscreen is steamed up I turn it on and it works, as soon as it freezes It only works on the passenger side

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Trowie123 said:

if the windscreen is steamed up I turn it on and it works, as soon as it freezes It only works on the passenger side

Could it be that the driver's side is only working at 50% effectiveness?  i.e. warm enough to demist, but not warm enough to defrost.  Bad connection (live or ground) and it's only getting 6volts????  But that's a pure guess without attacking the connections with a multimeter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, unofix said:

Is your Fiesta like the 2011 model or like the 2013 model ? Difficult to know which model it is with 2012 been the change over year.

Sorry, mines a pfl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, unofix said:

This could be the handbook for your model:

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/ENUSA_CG3545_FTA_og_201202.pdf

See page 119 onwards for fuses and relays.

There are a possible 3 types of fusebox fitted !!

Perfect! Thanks for the help😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership