Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Titanium Automatic: 72000 miles so far. Do I need a cambelt change at my next service?

ggabu500

I have a 2012 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Titanium Automatic, which has done 72000 miles so far. Do I need a cambelt change at my next service? Although I am a competent driver I know nothing about the mechanics of any car. When I book annual service, I often see elective optional extras, which the customer is meant to know if it needs doing or not, but surely everything is meant to be checked in a full annual service? So, will my cambelt be checked or do I need to specifically ask the garage to check it?

I am not aware of any cambelt problems but I have read in several places that it should be changed after 10 years and my care is coming up to be 11 years old in March 2023.

i think it 100000 miles or ten year which ever comes first so its over  ☹️

The interval for the timing belt of the 1.25, 1.4 and 1.6 (including TI-VCT) Duratec petrol engines is 100.000 Miles / 8 Years (whichever comes first).

If the belt has not been replaced it is almost 3 Years overdue.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

If the belt has not been replaced it is almost 3 Years overdue.

Opps !! 😧

This is what I was afraid of! The customer needs to tell the garage what needs doing! 🤦‍♂️They are meant to be the "experts" and they should have noticed if it needs doing or not.

Thanks for all your help.

On a positive note, it should only cost around £300 to have a new belt fitted on your car. Some poor owners of Ecoboosts are paying £1700 for a belt change.

Don't know whether this was a franchise or independent garage but either way it's surprising they did not advise the change was due. 

Franchises seem very ready to push additional work in my experience and a good independent ought to recommend what needs doing.

The local independent who looks after my wife's car (non-Ford) was fully aware of when it needed a new belt and discussed it with me well in advance.

On 12/30/2022 at 1:04 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Don't know whether this was a franchise or independent garage but either way it's surprising they did not advise the change was due. 

Franchises seem very ready to push additional work in my experience and a good independent ought to recommend what needs doing.

The local independent who looks after my wife's car (non-Ford) was fully aware of when it needed a new belt and discussed it with me well in advance.

Considering it seems that I am 3 years overdue, I can honestly say it was missed by 2 separate branches of Trust Ford. I usually use my nearest branch but last year they were overbooked so I chose another hence I know I have used 2 branches in the past 3 years. And I always book a major service as well as the MOT, I know major services are not necessary every year but there is not a huge diference in price and it gives me peace of mind - or so I thought! So there is no excuse for them missing it.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club