Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 16 Plate Bonnet Latch Stuck

DanG479

Hi,

Tried opening my bonnet yesterday and I think the latch has seized up. The cable still has tension so it hasn't snapped but I can't get enough force to get it open (used some grips and pulled the cable too). My next option is going to try and wedge the bonnet open enough so I can get a long hook in and move the lever.

Anyone had this problem before or has a better idea? (Pic is photo of the model)

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 09.26.21.png

Have you tried this? Get someone to push down on front edge of bonnet while you pull cable and see if that releases the catch

11 minutes ago, isetta said:

Have you tried this? Get someone to push down on front edge of bonnet while you pull cable and see if that releases the catch

Yes I tried that yesterday - no joy.

There are a few videos on the YouTube that shows how to unlock with a right angled tool

Managed to get it open within an hour. Saw this video of a guy wedging the bonnet open and managed to get a tool into and through a hole in the latch and it popped open.

Heres the link to the video.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club