Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Odd thing going on with water temperature display.

Retired Terry

I have a Fiesta 1.25. Just lately the water temperature display after a few minutes dose not work or display the engine temperature after a few minutes, the only way I can get the display to come to life is to stop the car switch off the car and restart the car again. I am not sure of the problem, but the other week during the cold weather that we had, made the battery go flat, I am not sure that could be related to the problem.

Should I be worried that there is something major going wrong.

I did up grade my dash camera to better spec one.

Thanks in advance.

Terry.      

I can only go on logic based on older cars, but things I would look to are;

• Temperature, does the car blow hot as it should?
  • Water, is the water tank at the right level as marked on the reservoir?
  • And further to that is there enough antifreeze in there?

You can squeeze the radiator hose and check if it frees off any air bubbles, needless to say take care you don't take the cap off when its too hot as its like a kettle when hot, you can buy hydrometers to check the antifreeze level, or some places will give a free check, but some lesser places can try and talk you into stuff that's not really needed, and I doubt the taking it out and sticking it in a pan of boiling water to see if it opens seems crazy these days, but as a last thought are you getting more condensation inside the car more than has been, more so if increased and harder to clear, that may suggest a leak, possibly the heater matrix, which would be backed up with a low(er) water level, at least it gives you a few places to look until anyone else may have a more specific possibility.

I had the recently had the cam belt and the water pump was leaking so as precaution the garage had replaced the water pump.

But I shall check the coolant level tomorrow.

But the display has been behaving it self just lately. And I shall post the out come some time in the week.

Terry.    

The leak would tend to fit with the type of thing I was on about, and by the fact it's behaved since suggests that has done the job, but it's always suggested to do the water pump and bearings at the same time as the cam belt due to being in the same area, and with labour being a killer, it's cheaper to do it once and finish, as opposed to one at a time, jobs be be cheaper, but will cost more overall, there may be exceptions where access is not as big an issue, but keep a check on it and hopefully it will be fine now.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry taken so long to respond to this , but things are OK now, it was the battery dying on me as it was the original from when the car was new. 

Terry.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club