Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S Max DAB Antenna upgrade:

Sparkster71

Evening fellow S Maxers...

I'm sure I'm not the first to say it, but the DAB reception seems to be rather horrid on the S Max Sony DAB radio. I regularly lose stations whilst driving and also in the morning can't get my favourite station (Radio X) at all and after looking at different websites it looks like the DAB antenna on the S Max is not too good

Does anyone know, or has anyone tried to upgrade the antenna without removing the head unit at all? I was wondering if it was possible to plug an external antenna into the Fakra connectors in the rear windows? Or would I have to get a long cable and plug into the head unit? So many questions, I apologise, but I'd like to get this sorted before we go on holiday in May and my wife and I have to have a conversation in the car... 

Thanks in advance,

Sparkster71.

Have considered just replacing the DAB aerial amplifier and isolation unit in the tailgate ?

Do you have a dashcam ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, unofix said:

Have considered just replacing the DAB aerial amplified and isolation unit in the tailgate ?

Do you have a dashcam ?

Also, as a purely diagnostic tool, you could pony up £10 for a DAB magmount from Halfords and test it out to see if you get the same poor reception results. I have one fitted (my car was pre DAB!), and it holds stations pretty good...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club