Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door ajar warning

Robert S-Max

Hi I have a s-max 2010 facelift model and the car is telling me passenger door open when it's closed. I've checked door loom and all looks good I've read on this car the micro switch is in the locking mechanism if so is there any way to bypass it as I can't lock car off key fob. The way I lock ATM is locking using key in drivers door then going round opening then locking from inside as well doing it this way the boot remains open and alarm is not on any help much appreciated 

Hi Robert, there is no easy or quick fix for this I'm afraid. Yes the little microswitch is buried deep inside the door locking mechanism.

The signal from the switch is used by the Body Control Module for a number of functions. It operates the 'Door Ajar' warning light, it also is used by the Alarm System and of course it is used by the Central Locking System so that it can determine whether the door is latched and can be locked, or if the door is not fully closed and can not be locked.

Trying to bypass the switch will have an effect on different things and will without doubt cause issues with the central locking.

You can try getting some WD40 spray and blasting as much in the side of the door latch as you can. After an hour or so some might with luck find it's way to the switch.

You can usually find second hand replacement latches on eBay for around £25

• Like 2

Makes you wonder why they did away with the big spring button on the door jamb to register door open/closed! Like I keep saying about tech, just because you can, doesn't mean you should...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Like I keep saying about tech, just because you can, doesn't mean you should...

You old fossil 🤣

but you are right 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, unofix said:

You can try getting some WD40 spray and blasting as much in the side of the door latch as you can. After an hour or so some might with luck find it's way to the switch.

I did exactly that with my Mk 2 Focus when the passenger door switch was setting off the Alarm. I did it several times a day for about a week and it did solve the problem permanently although I gave it a spray about once a month as a precaution until I sold the car a few years later.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club