Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7.5 ST-Line 140 ecoboost remap advice sought

Nick Y

Hi all. 
I have a 2017 plate 1.0 ST-Line 140 ecoboost and am wondering if I could do a stage 2 remap (upto 180bhp) without changing any components over or would it be safer to just have the stage 1 remap (160bhp). 

I can have the stage 2R remap done by Pumaspeed for £350 but don't want to risk having engine component issues on standard parts. 

The biggest risk will be the gearbox on the MK7.

It's already being pushed slightly over it's rated limit and maps usually lift the torque limits in lower gears.

• Like 1

so not worth risking it then?
None of the remaps including stage 3 (which adds extra components to the engine bay) mention anything about the gearbox. 
They do say that they can offer a slightly lower power map which reduces the torque.

9 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

None of the remaps including stage 3 (which adds extra components to the engine bay) mention anything about the gearbox. 

Fast Ford  magazine did a piece some years back in which a "crunch" when changing gear was mentioned. Admittedly this was the 205 ps upgrade - there used to be a link to the article on the Pumaspeed site.

As Alex comments though, there have been several posts on the forum regarding issues with the Mk 7.5 gearbox, even on standard 140s.

Thanks for the info.
I've already had what could be described as a crunch several times through the low gears when pushing the car so not worth the risk if there's a possibility it will shatter the gearbox. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club