Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Assistance And Annual Service

AJS63

hi All.

Just a cautionary tale regarding the Ford Assistance renewal offer when a participating Ford dealer does your car's annual service.

My Fiesta was serviced at the end of April. During May & June I kept getting letters from the AA inviting me to sign up as my Ford Assistance had expired. Odd I thought as the FA offer was in place so thought it was just opportunism on the part of the AA.

Few weeks back whilst sorting out things for our hols in France I thought I would check with Ford Assistance on the level of cover in Europe. It turned out their records showed my cover had expired on the car's 1st birthday. I was referred back to the dealer.

The dealer said "did you ask for this offer when booking in the service?". I replied "no, as nowhere on the website did it say I had to request it". The dealer said "trouble with Ford is they have so many offers on we can't keep up". Evenutally I managed to talk to the "Admin Lady" (sic) and after some time she successfully got my cover extended for another year and I got written confirmation.

So - beware! My advice would be to ask for everything and don't assume anything.

hi All.

Just a cautionary tale regarding the Ford Assistance renewal offer when a participating Ford dealer does your car's annual service.

My Fiesta was serviced at the end of April. During May & June I kept getting letters from the AA inviting me to sign up as my Ford Assistance had expired. Odd I thought as the FA offer was in place so thought it was just opportunism on the part of the AA.

Few weeks back whilst sorting out things for our hols in France I thought I would check with Ford Assistance on the level of cover in Europe. It turned out their records showed my cover had expired on the car's 1st birthday. I was referred back to the dealer.

The dealer said "did you ask for this offer when booking in the service?". I replied "no, as nowhere on the website did it say I had to request it". The dealer said "trouble with Ford is they have so many offers on we can't keep up". Evenutally I managed to talk to the "Admin Lady" (sic) and after some time she successfully got my cover extended for another year and I got written confirmation.

So - beware! My advice would be to ask for everything and don't assume anything.

I'm a little confused by your post!

Ford assistance is for 12 months only from date of registration unless you take out one of there Ford Protect Premium Plan.

Is the onus on the owner then to renew the cover?

I'm a little confused by your post!

Ford assistance is for 12 months only from date of registration unless you take out one of there Ford Protect Premium Plan.

Is the onus on the owner then to renew the cover?

Ford are offering, and have been most of the year, a free renewal for 12 months if you have your car serviced by a particpating dealer - here's the link: My link

Thanks for the advice. Also, If this offer isn't running at the end of your first year of ownership, if you wait long enough the AA will drop their offer for roadside cover by 50%, twice. On my mk6 I ended up getting cover for £12 after a bit of patience.

The other thing to watch with this offer is its not avaliable at all ford dealers.

My usual garage didnt know anything about it when I had the first service,even though they were listed as participating.

I have moved to a different dealer for the second service,but as noted above you have to ask for it,when taking the car in or booking the service.

It appears on the bill as 12 months ford assist---FOC.

Also be aware,if you are a high mileage driver like me,it isnt 12 months,its only till the next service is due,ie 12,500 miles after the service.

Dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club