Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration When starting Ford Fiesta

Phil M

My daughter just bought a nice Ford Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost 125 Titanium 5dr Petrol Hatchback. She has a vibration noise when she starts the car. When she returned the vehicle to be checked, the garage responded with the following statement:

Hi 
A 3 cylinder engine has movement when starting up and when running than a 4 cylinder engine.  The technician says that the noise is from the gear leaver area once the car is in gear the noise stops. 
He has lubricated the cable to reduce the noise.  the vibration from the engine is causing the cable to vibrate against the car, once in gear there is no slack therefore no noise.
I hope this helps,
Regards

not sure if this makes sense, but I would appreciate some comments please.
Phil

Have you taken the car to a Ford dealer where the mechanic will encounter these engines every day?

From my experience they can be a little bit noisier from outside when cold, but that aside they are a pretty refined engine. When warm refinement is comparable to anything else on the road.

• Like 1

Mine is also very refined inside the car - starting is almost imperceptible.

A 3 cylinder engine certainly displays more movement/noise than a 4 cylinder - if you look with the bonnet open it leaps about and can sound like a bag of spanners - but this should not be noticeable inside if the engine mounts are in good order.

There are a number of threads on here though concerning rattles/vibrations from under bonnet pipework, such as this one:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/110699-wierd-clickingrattling-noise-in-new-fiesta-mk8/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club