Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4 year service question

mitch84

Hi

My 2019 Fiesta is due its 4 year service in May, is this the big one?

I checked the price on their website and it said £395!!

I mean what do they do different from a standard service, think I paid around £200 when I had it serviced at fords last year.

Oh forgot to mention the 4 year or 36k mileage service, my car has only done 18.5k.

4 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

I mean what do they do different from a standard service

I think they walk round the car twice and give each tyre a double kick.

My second service is due now on my 2019 Focus 2.0 ecoblue and I'd love to know what real WORK they are planning to do. I don't count just looking at things as a 'service' after all an MOT is about £45 takes 60 minutes and they do quite a full inspection.

Of course an MOT does not fix or service anything but these days other than an oil change neither does the garage when they claim to have serviced your car.

• Haha 3

On that age 1.0 EcoBoost the spark plugs are included on the 4th year service.  

(Not to be confused with other engines OR pre-2 yearly service 1.0EB).

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, unofix said:

My second service is due now on my 2019 Focus 2.0 ecoblue and I'd love to know what real WORK they are planning to do. I don't count just looking at things as a 'service' after all an MOT is about £45 takes 60 minutes and they do quite a full inspection.

That info is actually available through the new serviceinfo website.  :smile: 

Edit - While I was over there, done the 4th year service for your 2.0 diesel.  Cabin filter, air filter, fuel filter, oil, oil filter.

Focus Checksheet.pdf

• Thanks 1

I had this argument with my stealer on the 4th year service.

They couldn't give an answer of what the extra work they did was, just "loads more"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

I had this argument with my stealer on the 4th year service.

They couldn't give an answer of what the extra work they did was, just "loads more"

It's literally written on the checksheet.  Not that I'd expect the service desk to be aware of that...

2 yearly servicing sheet for a 2019 1.0 EB here - 4th year (Reg pulled from eBay car)

Renew - Odour filter (cabin filter), spark plugs, air filter, oil, oil filter.  Everything else is 'check'.

Fiesta Checksheet.pdf

• Like 1

I just phoned, it is indeed the sparks plugs, I got priced £369, I have booked it anyway, likely just get a cheaper service elsewhere after this one. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

I just phoned, it is indeed the sparks plugs, I got priced £369, I have booked it anyway, likely just get a cheaper service elsewhere after this one. 

Does that include a brake fluid change or the MOT? It will be due at 4 year and for the price I'd hope 1 or both is included in that.

I paid £358 for my Focus ST (including 4 spark plugs) for service and MOT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Edit - While I was over there, done the 4th year service for your 2.0 diesel

Thank you Tom for that information, which will be very useful. Now all I have to do is contact uncle Arnold and get a price. The car is in for it's second MOT this Thursday at the local Halfords Auto Centre. Still on it's original factory fitted tyres and having covered 17650 miles it will be interesting to see what they have to say (if anything) the tread depth seems to be around 2.5mm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Now all I have to do is contact uncle Arnold and get a price.

Having spoke to the service department at AC to get the price for the second service I was informed that it would be £229 + VAT, .........unless it was a 2.0 and that would be an extra £50 + VAT

So I asked what was the extra £50 for ? What more did I get for the extra £50 ?

The answer is "Well em ..... nothing, we just always charge an extra £50 if it a 2.0 or bigger !!!!!!🙁

So that is £334.80 for:

• oil & filter change
  • Odour Filter
  • Fuel Filter
  • Induction Filter
  • Double kicking of all the tyres

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

Having spoke to the service department at AC to get the price for the second service I was informed that it would be £229 + VAT, .........unless it was a 2.0 and that would be an extra £50 + VAT

The answer is "Well em ..... nothing, we just always charge an extra £50 if it a 2.0 or bigger !!!!!!🙁

So that is £334.80 for:

• Oil & filter change
  • Odour Filter
  • Fuel Filter
  • Induction Filter
  • Double kicking of all the tyres

Tbf bigger engines take more oil and might have SLIGHTLY more expensive filters, but it's not £50 more.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, unofix said:

You could always try showing them the V5 confirming that it's actually a 1.995 litre engine. :whistling:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You could always try showing them the V5 confirming that it's actually a 1.995 litre engine

very true 👍 😀

Although I don't think it will work. I'm going to check a couple of other garages and compare prices.

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That info is actually available through the new serviceinfo website.

Hi Tom, what is the link for the new service info site please ?

23 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Does that include a brake fluid change or the MOT? It will be due at 4 year and for the price I'd hope 1 or both is included in that.

I paid £358 for my Focus ST (including 4 spark plugs) for service and MOT.

Doesn't include MOT, that's an extra £40 

Not sure about break fluid.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club