Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window washer issues

SteveC7

Hi all,  I’m hoping someone can help me.

I’ve just bought a 2014 fiesta ecoboost Zerec S and the window washers are acting really weird!

From what I’ve read, the button on the wiper stalk is meant to activate the windscreen washer but it does nothing.  However, if I pull the lever towards me - the front windscreen washers activate, but so does the rest wiper! On top of that, the rear washer doesn’t seem to work at all.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated 😊

Sounds very much to me like someone has been playing with the wiring for the screen wash pump and have flipped the wiring for the front and rear wash.

If like you say the button on the end does nothing then I would guess that the original fault was that it was broken. So to get the car through an MOT they have swapped the screen wash wiring over. This means that the rear washer would be controlled by the button, IF it worked, and the front washer is been operated by the switch for the rear screen.

I expect you just need a new wiper stalk and find where they have swapped the wires over and put them back.

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Sounds very much to me like someone has been playing with the wiring for the screen wash pump and have flipped the wiring for the front and rear wash.

I f like you say the button on the end does nothing then I would guess that the original fault was that it was broken. So to get the car through an MOT they have swapped the screen wash wiring over. This means that the rear washer would be controlled by the button, IF it worked, and the front washer is been operated by the switch for the rear screen.

I expect you just need a new wiper stalk and find where they have swapped the wires over and put them back.

That makes sense.  Thank you, really appreciate that.

• Like 1

friend had a similar issue and replacing the stalk fixed the issue

On 3/13/2023 at 8:30 PM, SteveC7 said:

That makes sense.  Thank you, really appreciate that.

On 3/13/2023 at 6:54 PM, unofix said:

If like you say the button on the end does nothing then I would guess that the original fault was that it was broken. So to get the car through an MOT they have swapped the screen wash wiring over. This means that the rear washer would be controlled by the button, IF it worked, and the front washer is been operated by the switch for the rear screen.

I just wanted to say a massive thank you.  I know nothing about fixing cars but thanks to you, I replaced the stalk and switched the pipes back round and it’s good as new.  Thank you

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club