Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Parts Needed :)

bradshaw85

Ok, 1 month since buying my Focus, i have settled in a removed some things i didn't want when purchasing (tint windows etc).

im in the need of a Few things but need a little help how to replace and where to buy them from.

The pedals are in need of glaming up lol. they just look really tatty, i have heard that the car will fail a MOT if the correct ones are not put on the car.

The Dashboard where the cd player is needs replacing, the previous owner butchered the outside of where the original cd player was. i just dont know where to get a replacement or how easy it is to replace.

Ok, 1 month since buying my Focus, i have settled in a removed some things i didn't want when purchasing (tint windows etc).

im in the need of a Few things but need a little help how to replace and where to buy them from.

The pedals are in need of glaming up lol. they just look really tatty, i have heard that the car will fail a MOT if the correct ones are not put on the car.

The Dashboard where the cd player is needs replacing, the previous owner butchered the outside of where the original cd player was. i just dont know where to get a replacement or how easy it is to replace.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/breaking-ford-focus-zetec-1-8-dash-centre-fascia-silver-/330458444519?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cf0dbb2e7

pedal rubbers from ford only a few quid each they just pull off if they are excessively worn they can fail an mot yes.

as for the fascia with the stereo removed theres 4 screws in it then unclip the heater control wires and stuffbe patient its a bit fiddly

The fascia surround should be easy to get a hold of, search eBay for "ford focus breaking" or "ford focus spares" (theres loads), just ensure whoever is breaking it sends you a pic so you dont buy a tatty one - and get them to set up a private auction for it, dont buy over the phone ;)

Sound information from you both... i didnt even know what to search for haha (im still learning). Just ordered a Haynes manual, maybe i can refer to that in the future lol.

Try a scrap yard lol i learned more about stripping cars after 1hr there than from the haynes book which in my case is as much use as a tranny's f***y in truth it sais things yet my car is completly bloodey diff tempted to set it on fire good for some things shocking for other's and yes i did buy the 2001-2005 focus one! lol

You going to buy another zetec one or you going to plump for the dark grey st170 one :P

Try a scrap yard lol i learned more about stripping cars after 1hr there than from the haynes book which in my case is as much use as a tranny's f***y in truth it sais things yet my car is completly bloodey diff tempted to set it on fire good for some things shocking for other's and yes i did buy the 2001-2005 focus one! lol

You going to buy another zetec one or you going to plump for the dark grey st170 one :P

are you trying to confuse me lol ? i just loooked on Google for ST170 Dash Board lots of custom ones.

are you trying to confuse me lol ? i just loooked on Google for ST170 Dash Board lots of custom ones.

Haha yeah a little :P its fun to harass the newbees :P the only real difference is there a darker grey than the one yours and mine has mines got all sorts of marks on it was a woman owner before me and i think she either used her straightners or hair clips to get the ford stero out becasue it was completley jacked and theres loads of scars on the silver trim aswell.

If you can work out how to get the trim off with out breaking it just go to a scrap yard and molest a zetec with a good condtion one in will be cheaper if a little more graft

haha Cheers, prob a question which will make me look like a complete newbie now, is my car a MK1 / Mk2 and what does MK mean ?

Jesus man :P you have what i have which is a mk(mark) 1.5. This is a face lifted mark one focus. Ours date from 51-05 on the numberplates they have the indicators in the headlamps, orange writing on the climate dial things and a few bits and bobs that the early ones didnt

ahhhhhhhh ok :) im learning bit by bit. expect more questions. i am honestly not this dim hahaha, cars are out of my league but i will become more confident sooner or later.

Yeah me too with scrappies - if you f*** something up who cares, its not your car lol :)

Yeah me too with scrappies - if you f*** something up who cares, its not your car lol :)

HAAA man after my own heart lol i went in once for some rear light screws and was in a shockingally bad mood with the car i was "operating" on because someone had robed the gas struts that hold the boot open so i just got a hammer n smashed the hell out of the rear light for the sake of 3 screws a tad extreme yes but i did trap my hand in the boot about 4 times. Remember one time watching what looked like a rugby player walk in with a sledge hammer would of loved to see what he was upto haha

• Like 1

Yeah i destroyed a door card and window trying to get a regulator out for my Corolla (which got traded in for my Focus last week) - long story short, my door was rusted, saw a corolla breaking on eBay, same colour too, only difference it was an R reg mine was a T - toyota totally changed the layout of the door in that time, so the window was "bolted into place lol

At least it gave me an proper idea how to re-fit it haha

If ever i want to remove somwthing for my cars, i go to the scrappy, see if one is there, and remove it from that one, that way i can do it the right way on mine lol :)

Haha good times! sometimes me and my dad go just to look around the ghia's and st's to see what we can nab ive got a 4dr maroon red ghia with creme leather at my local ive lovingally gutted the hell out of the past few months hence why ive got half the things in my signature.

Mr bradshaw (so posh sorry but it is!!) get down to ur scrappy with a set of tools and learn its ur practical assignment for the month!

Good stuff bud, i've not even had a look for Focus's or is that Foci?? I would like full black leather interior tho :P

Only had the car a week, will wait a month then go and look haha

But yeah bradshaw, head to your local scrappy, its great practice, and builds you confidence, also its good getting those "aaah so thats how you do it" moments

The best ones to look for are the ones where insurance companies send their wrote off's (ive got 2 near me), so most are fairly new and not clapped out bangers ;)

The one i go to seems to get alot of the sporty stuff gti pug's and st170's etc older but not to shabby think theyve got a 2.0 zetec in atm might nip in and have a scout round for a set of st170 fogs and grills.

I call focus drivers foci and the cars just focus's i also let focus's out of junctions and stuff every1 else up :P shouldant but i do unless there being prats in which case i down shift and because my cars got a "race" exhaust system on when u downshift and lift it starts popping like mad so the car sounds as if its shouting at them lol Love it!! focus's have souls!

wouldnt mind an ST Grille and some fogs, also the darker headlights look ace!

Yeah the ones being prats usually drive a corsa or a saxo, well in my area anyway lol

I've just realised this thread has slowly been hijacked lol

I like the darker lights but i hate the amber indicator's hence y ive got the angel eyes on, round here we have whats called "the vauxhall possie" nice bunch of lads tbh just dumb as posts think a 1.2 corsa will nail a 1.6 focus proved them wrong on that one haha i know i shudant rise to the bait but on that ocassion i had the misses in the car and im sorry but im not having that... a vauxhall overtaking a ford is a no no.

The grills and darker lights are 10 a penny just the fogs that are expensive about 100 for the cheapest set's on eBay :(

And true i get ingrosed haha oops :ph34r:

i would like to change the silver bit round my cd player to a blue colour i had a look on a few sites £65 one place wanted???????

i also want new rear lights but in the same colour as the car any ideas where to find a place that does such stuff?

i also want new rear lights but in the same colour as the car any ideas where to find a place that does such stuff?

best way is to buy a light tinting spray kit easy give it a good clean with the wipes supplied and apply 2 light coats of tint to the exterior of the lights leave to dry and refit

ok thanks for that idea tho i was thinkink more like the lexus lights would this work with them? and any ideas on the cd player trim?

ok thanks for that idea tho i was thinkink more like the lexus lights would this work with them? and any ideas on the cd player trim?

to be honest lexus lights are 10 a penny these days its up to taste really what colour is the car? consider a dark colour of lexus lights not the clear tacky plastic ones like these i was thinking http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FOCUS-3-5-DR-HATCHBACK-BLACK-LEXUS-LIGHTS-/350350732351?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item519287ec3f

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Focus-Hatchback-Smoked-Rear-Lights-1998-2004-/250678821793?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a5d9f43a1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FOCUS-3-5-DR-HATCHBACK-BLACK-LEXUS-LIGHTS-NEW-/350271822129?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item518dd3d931

as for the dash youre cheaper painting them though its a pain if you aint done it before and tricky to get the right finish on it the dash kits are the next cheapest way of doing it they arent cheap buytt they are the only options