Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hideous 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system

tstacey

I'm trying to find a nice solution to the hideous 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system on a Ford Fiesta 8.5 ST3. Has anyone found something that's less intrusive, smaller, prettier, just less in your face than the standard one?

• Haha 1

You will have a Sync 3 infotainment system which, as you probably know, is deeply integrated into the rest of the car electronics providing access to many aspects of the of cars capabilities. In fact, like my late 2022 Titanium Fiesta, it is the only way you can access some of the cars' options. So no, I don't think you will find a direct third party replacement. Just be thankful you didn't get the 13.2 inch Sync 4 now fitted to the Focus!.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tstacey said:

Has anyone found something that's less intrusive, smaller, prettier,

This is just what you need, 'Sync3 cutie'

Sync3 cute version.JPG

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, agraham said:

You will have a Sync 3 infotainment system which, as you probably know, is deeply integrated into the rest of the car electronics providing access to many aspects of the of cars capabilities. In fact, like my late 2022 Titanium Fiesta, it is the only way you can access some of the cars' options. So no, I don't think you will find a direct third party replacement. Just be thankful you didn't get the 13.2 inch Sync 4 now fitted to the Focus!.

Yes you're right (the car is on order right now arriving sometime in the late spring we think) but didn't know that it was so deeply integrated although that would make sense. I wouldn't mind if it was just smaller and less obtrusive but hey ho, worth asking! Thanks.

I also found the display on my Titanium X very obtrusive and the white, daytime display very unpleasant. I set the display on the permanent 'nightime' setting and this reduced the glare and 'in your face' aspect somewhat.

• Like 1

it is, of course possible to switch the display off using the marked button for that purpose.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, anon said:

it is, of course possible to switch the display off using the marked button for that purpose.

I normally have ours just showing the time or switched off completely. Much prefer to listen to the rattles and vibrations 😆

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, anon said:

But then, of course, you can't change radio stations, media tracks, etc. Slightly off the point, we should also be grateful that wiper controls, climate controls, lights, etc. are not operated on the touch screen like many new design cars. At least, the Fiesta. has 'real' switches and buttons. I bet that newer, forthcoming, Ford designs, will go the way of the cheaper touch screen option for all controls.

• Like 2

Switching off the display creates a distracting dazzle and reflects everything rushing past the side window.

Saw someone retrofit one of these awful dash iPads to an older car recently.  Couldn't understand why, it's one of the things I dislike most about the latest generation of cars!

Um, you can change the radio stations and media tracks etc. That is what the steering wheel buttons are for and that screen in front of you.

• Like 1

All good comments thanks folks, I just wish it didn't look like it was stuck there as an after thought when the new wonderful screen in front of the driver is sooo nice. Have all the functionality, which we need, just make the physical thing look better. Anyway I suspect there is no solution and we'll have to focus on the road ahead, maybe put a hat over it or something!!?

Maybe get the wife to knit a woolly cover for it!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cjay1 said:

it is possible to replace with aftermarket unit

No, that won't work. As I said above Sync3 is deeply integrated into the vehicle, so even if the Sync3 can be replaced by a Connects2 device (which I doubt because it is not just a standard head unit) you would lose access to a lot of the vehicle functionality as most options can only be accessed via the Sync3 menus.

• Thanks 1

I believe The CTSFO020.2 system is sync 3 compatible with the ability to retain voice control with optional SWCREFLASHER. Looking at the system it's not something for a novice to attempt. If the original poster hates the head unit that much it can be changed for a price. 

Well here's where the touch screen goes on the new Ford being built at the old Fiesta factory

Untitled-1.jpg.d007cbbf917880842234075b2b98d090.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg.26b163e2a49f622b08fcd6034047fde8.jpg

The electric Explorer is the first model to result from the recent partnership between the US brand and rival car giant, Volkswagen.

Ford says its new all-electric Explorer crossover will sit between the Ford Kuga (priced from £30,445) and the sporty electric Mustang Mach-E (priced from £50,750). Although no official prices have yet been announced, potential customers should expect to pay from around £38,000 to £40,000 for the new Explorer depending on spec.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club