Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk6 - Key Doesnt Start Vehicle

hamed

Hi there,

I woke up one day and realised I had left the headlights of the car on so the battery had gone flat. I called the RAC and they came and attempted to to jump start the car. but the problem is this. my key opens and locks all my doors as normal but when I place the key into the car and try to start it I get the dashboard icon of the Key padlock / car flashing. it flashes fast then settles to 6 flashes with a short break then the cycle starts again. I am not even getting a crank when I start the car. Anyone heard or experienced a similar problem before? is there maybe a fuse I need to be looking at or a short circuit somewhere. or does my key need reprogramming? . i have never had this problem before!

Any help provided would be highly appreciated.

No-one Have any idea what the problem could be or the solution.....

Sounds like the immobiliser is stopping the engine from being started; your key isn't disabling the immobiliser. Do you have a spare you can try?

Call an autolocksmith but talk to ford tech first. Alot of newer vehicles get very upset when you try to jump start them

Hi guys thanks for the fast reply. the problem started when RAC tried to jump start the car. the immobiliser light flashes seven times and the cycle starts again. i.e. 7 flash's then a short pause the seven flashes again. i don't have a ford fiesta manual so I cant check what it means. anyone kind enough to check their manual and notify me of the problem or meaning of the light flashes? unfortunately I cant find my spare key... thank you in advance

Sounds like your key isn't deactivating the immobiliser. Only way to sort that is to use another key!!

OK PEOPLE I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM TODAY. I will post the solution here just in-case anyone else may encounter a similar problem as mine. where the car had been jump started it had blown a fuse. the fuse to replace is a 3A one that bares the engine management logo and also a 7.5A fuse. Hope it has been of some help to you guys.

And cheers to the people who replied to my posts thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

WOW! I saved £400! I was just about to get my car fixed at the garage, Had the same problem, I jump started it wrong and the car wont start and will not make any noise, Few days ago took it to the garage and the guy told me it was the ecu and apparently i have messed it up so he gave me a quote of £400. Read the post from Hamed and i looked at all my fuse one by one then i see that one of the fuse "3" was burnt.. went to a local parts shop and baught a fuse for 20p replaced the burnt one and now working perfectly! THANKS!

Hmmmm

Hamed and Samed are the same person

what are you on about? why would hamed want to make another account to post something like that.... get your guesses right

Hi got an 08 plate fiesta st 182 bhp with the sonycd3xx-cdi 6 cd player in but have no instructions for this,the owners manual is also standard fiesta (fu** all like the st ) but thats another thing,i just need to know how to get the telephone working in car or a manual for it can anyone help cheers ian

Try by starting a new post titled Phone or simular in the correct place. You will get a better response.

• 8 years later...

so replaced the engine management logo fuse which is found behind glove box is that right? is that the only fuse you changed

9 minutes ago, TLD83 said:

so replaced the engine management logo fuse which is found behind glove box is that right? is that the only fuse you changed

Don't want to dissapoint you but this post is from 9 years ago and hamad has only had 4 posts so i doubt he's around to see your request.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LesPes said:

Don't want to dissapoint you but this post is from 9 years ago and hamad has only had 4 posts so i doubt he's around to see your request.

I know but... ya never know, he might get an email and decide to click on it... worth a shot, nothing else is working lol

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 3/5/2019 at 6:46 PM, TLD83 said:

I know but... ya never know, he might get an email and decide to click on it... worth a shot, nothing else is working lol

Replace any fuses you find to be blown. Check both fuse boxes. It will most likely be in the glove box one. You will have to go threw them 1 by one.