Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MAF on Mk5 1.25 - How to identify which manifold variant

fordprefect
聽Share

Hi Experts 馃槈

My daughters '54 plate fiesta appears to be suffering with a failing MAF. Flat around 2000 RPM, put picks up, general throttle response a bit slow. Suspect failing MAF so going to replace it.

Car is a 1.25 16v duratec, i see there's two MAF options depending on manifold type: FPUK and A9JA.聽

How do i identify which manifold it is?

Thanks.

FP

I don't think this engine has a MAF.聽 Do you mean MAP?聽

It'll also be a Mk6 on a '54 plate.

Must admit I haven't heard of having two different MAPs though.聽 Could you provide a link to that?

As far as I can tell, it should be part number 1923995.聽聽

Genuine Ford Fiesta Mk5 Mk6 Fusion KA Focus Mk2 C-Max MAP Sensor 1923995 | eBay

(Aftermarket sensors also available)

Might be worth trying some Liquid Moly MAF cleaner. Cleaned mine last year and made a huge difference. You need to disconnect the battery first to reset basic values. Reconnect and let the engine idle for about 15 minutes then drive for 30 mins to relearn the basic values. Also worth cleaning the throttle body. Same procedure with throttle bottle body

• 1 month later...

Thanks, ended up being plug issue caused by failing core plugs. Took the head off and its rusty as hell. I understand this is a common fault on this engine. Stuck a load of JB weld on it and replaced all the plugs and the problem has gone.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club