Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.4 log file problem

jsk

Hi All

To start with I am sorry to be a pain in the old proverbial but I have come to my wits end with this problem. I have replied to various other peoples posts on related subjects but have not had any positive feedback to mine.

Basically I picked up my new car from the dealer last January. In February Ford produced a Sync 3 update (3.4.22200). This I downloaded and updated the car which now shows Sync 3.4.22200 on the screen. Uploading the xml log file onto the Ford Sync update website produces the following response. "Upload failed. Please try again." On the 23rd Feb I contacted UKCRC1 about this problem. On the 18th of this month I received yet another update from them, "No update".

I am now about to go back down the dealer route with this problem. I have compiled a load of printed information for them and copy of the xml file on a memory stick.Before I pay them a visit can someone confirm a couple of question for me.

1. Am I correct in assuming that Sync is handled by the APIM module?

2. I will be unable to update any further updates of both Sync and Maps until this problem is fixed?

Again sorry to be a pain.

I've still got the same problem John, regularly try and upload the log file with no success. Turning the wi-fi on and checking for an update returns that my Sync is up to date but still doesn't seem to update the server information.

Mine is going in for a first year oil/filter change in a few weeks time so I'm going to try and get the Ford dealer to update the system.

The Sync 3.4 system doesn't seem to be as stable than Sync 3.3, the version I had in my 2018 Fiesta. music play back occasionally stutters plus it doesn't pick up some tracks but plays them if you skip to them. So another thing to mention to the dealer...

Stutters is a known software issue on 3.4. It’s partly caused by lack of cpu performance for the newer software. The MY20 models and onwards have a faster clocked CPU (50% faster)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club