Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.9 tdci galaxy turbo actuator 2008

Lesmartin

Hi has anyone ever removed one of these as I am struggling to find what size nuts are holding it on as 10mm seems to big and 3/8 is to small 

There wasn't a 1.9 Galaxy in 2008.

If it's a 2.0 TDCI, the actuator is held on with Torx screws.  Not normal hex bolts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it is a 2.0 I have just checked again and definitely hex bolts holding the actuator on

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lesmartin said:

Sorry it is a 2.0 I have just checked again and definitely hex bolts holding the actuator on

Can you post a photo?  Is it a vacuum actuator or electronic actuator?

A cheap thing to inspect is the exhaust gas pressure sensor and the sensing tube connected to the exhaust manifold. They can get plugged up with soot and cause low power issues. The engine computer uses this sensor to confirm VGT position, perform engine misfire diagnostics and EGR valve positioning (amongst others sensors as well). May be worth looking into before you replace the VGT actuator.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vacuum actuator, I am getting it up on ramp tomorrow so will be able to post pictures, also today was throwing a lot of black smoke out when hard acceleration 

• Thanks 1