Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rubber/plastic surround on windows.

pwarbi

This may have been asked before but...just got the car back from a Ford valet and wondered how you can get rid of white marks around the windows. They wasn't there before so I'm assuming polish they've used but I'm not sure. The marks are on the plastic and rubber surrounding the windows.

20230604_081213.jpg

I would be inclined to take it back to them and get them to sort it...I assume you paid good money for a professional valet service...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, martinf64 said:

I would be inclined to take it back to them and get them to sort it...I assume you paid good money for a professional valet service...

Luckily the valet was free when I bought the car. More than happy with the overall job apart from the few small marks. Somebody mentioned WD40 will clean them off but just wondered if anyone else had any experience with this?

Free or not it should be to an acceptable standard.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

Free or not it should be to an acceptable standard.

I agree but just thought other people must have a way of cleaning it, and it would be easier to ask on here and do it myself.

I might try the WD40 approach and see what happens. If the windows fall out or the car blows up I'll report back and recommend you don't try that! 😂

• Haha 3

Window cleaner should take that off, ideally one with a bit of vinegar in it.

I'm yet to see an 'acceptable' valet from a dealership.  Wish they'd never touched my brand new Focus! :rolleyes: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Window cleaner should take that off, ideally one with a bit of vinegar in it.

I'm yet to see an 'acceptable' valet from a dealership.  Wish they'd never touched my brand new Focus! :rolleyes: 

Yeh, I think most dealerships tend to be the same. When I was looking at buying a car I was getting 10 phonecalls and emails a day. Now I've bought one they're not interested.

Somebody else mentioned vinegar also so I'll give that a try. Cheers for that 👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Not wrong! When our Fiesta went in for its first service, they said the car will be washed and the interior cleaned, car looked gleaming and the inside was dust free too, a few weeks later I got some muck on the passenger floor mat, so removed it to clean it, when I lifted out the mat there was a pile of crap under the mat, turns out the person who cleaned our car turned the mat over and knocked the filth onto the carpet, then the mat placed back over, hiding the filth, all four mats had been given this treatment.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, pwarbi said:

I might try the WD40 approach and see what happens. 

That'll work but you'll find dust will stick to it within hours.

I use Meguiars Ultimate Black for all my black trim.

• Thanks 1

Auto Glym Fast Glass would sort that, or as mentioned above most glass cleaners will do the job. 

• Thanks 1

Autoglym vinyl and rubber care..and lasts for quite a while.

Makes interior panels nice aswell but not oily

Apologies if I'm not allowed to add images..if so close ya eyes

Screenshot_20230605_112441_eBay.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club