Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORD SMAX 2009 2.3L EGR MONITOR BANK 2 PROBLEM

Oz_m

Hi , 

i have ford smax 2009 2.3L MK1 ( petrol ) , i connect my OBD for Noncontinous Monitors check and found that the EGR MONITOR BANK 2 present 0 valus ( MID$32 TID $80 + MID$32 TID $81 ) in past those 2 tests show values , also the catalyst values increase significantly from 0.013 to 0.57 almost at the maximum value of 0.58 ( MID$21 TID $80) .

anybody knows what is the meaning of EGR Monitor Bank 2 ?what can be the problem ? 

IMG_20230605_163833.thumb.jpg.9629be94bf8dbe1d833f2983541db270.jpgIMG_20230605_163750.thumb.jpg.59987de2907d0aec1f06b594b5d16179.jpg

thanks a lot 

Egr bank 2 is non existent on the 2.3 . There is no bank 2 . That refers to a v6 or V8 etc. 4 cylinder only has 1 bank of cylinders unlike a v6 for example which has 2 banks of 3 cylinders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Egr bank 2 is non existent on the 2.3 . There is no bank 2 . That refers to a v6 or V8 etc. 4 cylinder only has 1 bank of cylinders unlike a v6 for example which has 2 banks of 3 cylinders. 

Ian Hello , 

Thanks for explanation but the strange issue that i always did this check and saw correct values ( i mean between the MIn and Max ) so it means some part affected by this EGR Bank 2 monitor and now it's fault part i'm just trying to figure our which part is faulty , also the values of the catalyst been increased and fuel consumption been increased .. 

What app/software are you using ?

9 hours ago, unofix said:

What app/software are you using ?

Car Scanner  + ForScan Lite 

• Like 1

It might be worth contacting FORScan Lite support to get them to check the software. There maybe an error between Bank 1 and Bank 2. At the very least they should be able to explain why it is saying bank 2 on a standard 4 cylinder engine.

https://forscan.org/support.html