Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Fiesta Diesel

Johnty14

Hey all, well my trusty Mk6 1.4 Tdci Climate has been given it`s last rights. 268000 miles of problem free motoring (except for those bl**dy plastic clutch cable pedal connectors).  I`m looking for any insight on the Mk 7 diesels (the 1.4 or 1.5). Any  info you could  give to help in my choice of replacement would be greatly received. Thanks.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Johnty14 said:

given it`s last rights. 268000 miles of problem free motoring

Very sad to say, no matter what you buy and whatever manufacture I very much doubt you will ever find anything that comes close.

Stay away from anything with a Ecoboost 1.0 engine. It depends what your budget is as to what would be worth looking at, and do you want petrol, diesel or the popular pixie dust model, favored by Greta ? 🤣

• Like 1

I drive a 1.6d mk7 fiesta with 212 k..had its first clutch at 179k.

Still going well and returning 55mpg around town.

First fiesta I have owned and very impressed

2 oil changes a year and it just keeps going

• Like 3

On 6/10/2023 at 4:19 PM, Johnty14 said:

Hey all, well my trusty Mk6 1.4 Tdci Climate has been given it`s last rights. 268000 miles of problem free motoring (except for those bl**dy plastic clutch cable pedal connectors).  I`m looking for any insight on the Mk 7 diesels (the 1.4 or 1.5). Any  info you could  give to help in my choice of replacement would be greatly received. Thanks.

Hi John,

My first Fiesta was a Mk 6 1.4tdci and I found it rather underpowered, but as you've managed 268k miles in yours (hats off...) perhaps the 1.4 gave enough urge for you?

For mk7 diesels would you consider one of the econetics (initially with the 1.6tdci, but using the 1.5 from about 2015 for Euro6 emissions)? I had a 2011 econetic for over 6 years - good car. Known problems include broken suspension springs, and coolant leaks from thermostat housing on the 1.6tdci. I reckon the econetics do give better real-world consumption than the standard diesels.

🤓

• Like 1

I had a MK7.5 Titanium Econetic 1.6 TDCi for 2 years (from new), great little car, I loved that.

If you can afford it, go for a MK8 with the 120PS 1.5 TDCi in, they didn't make many, they're as rare as hen's teeth but brilliant

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club