Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Show Plates

RyboNashy02

Hi guys,

Bit confused on where to put this so I'm playing it safe and putting it here!

of course I am running my number plates on the back and front of my car, but lets say I have a show plate that I also want to show whilst on the road... Is it legal to have that in the window?

There are a number of things to be considered here.

Firstly the vehicles true registered plates must be displayed clearly and correctly on the front and rear of the vehicle. So I assume that is what you currently have.

Next placing anything in the front windscreen area regardless of what it is, may be considered by law enforcement to be blocking or obstructing your view. Therefore that would be considered an offence, and of course the vehicle would fail the MOT test.

The placing of a 'show' plate in the rear window of the vehicle should (in my personal opinion) not be an offence and would be no different to displaying a garage advertising sticker.

You have possibly noticed that a number of HGV's often have the drivers name on a number plate and displayed on both the front and rear of the lorry. Since these name plates and also show plates don't have the necessary UK certification that is required for them to be legally considered a registration plate then (in my personal opinion) the law can not consider these to be false plates.

I do think it will look a little odd having a vehicle that appears to have two sets of plates displayed, but if the registration is the same on both the UK certified plate and the show plate is the same then perhaps it will look OK

• Like 2

Wow thats alot of info!

Yes, the main plates would stay on the car in their designated positions.

If it is not allowed in the window, should I install it the the back of one of the sun visors an pull that down 😉

I wanted the show plate to look like a Japanese temp plate, as I am wanting to put it on my JDM 

Yes you could fit the show plate on the back of the sun visor, which should not pose a problem.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2023 at 5:17 PM, unofix said:

Yes you could fit the show plate on the back of the sun visor, which should not pose a problem.

legend, cheers bud ❤️

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club