Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranger Wildtrak 2023 - Problems with LED trailer indicators

Rollybrick

Hi everyone.

I've just taken delivery of my new Ford Ranger Wildtrak. Proving to be a great vehicle - however....Today I connected it to my Swift caravan, which has LED indicators. The problem: the indicators on the caravan - only a third of them light up, and then not very bright. Called the dealer who suggested to connect up another vehicle and see if it was a problem with the caravan or the Wildtrak. Indicators worked perfectly, meaning the problem is with the Wildtrak.

That being the case, I've booked the pickup in for some warranty - but I see a looming problem. The service engineer will connect it up to diagnostics and all will be well. Also, if the engineer does any "mods", then how will he/she test that the problem is fixed. Given lots of modern trailers now have LED lights, this may become a real problem for Ford going forward. Any thoughts/solutions would be appreciated.

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...

I'm having a similar issue with my next gen Ranger Wildtrak.

New caravan with LED tail lights and sequential indicators. Brake lights work fine but of the sequential indicators, only 2 of the 16 LEDs light up, resulting in inadequate visibility!

Caravan dealer report it's a common issue with the new Ranger and solution is to completely replace the lights at significant cost. Ford say not their problem (of course) and that I (simply) need to adjust the voltage output to the indicators on the back of the lights.

Have you had any success in fixing the issue Rollybrick, or anyone else??

Simmo

It's a very easy and cheap fix. All you need is two 10 Ohm, 25 Watt resistors one for the left side and one for the right. They have to be fitted to the caravan's indicator circuits. Any decent auto-electrician should be able to do this in less than an hour.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295624576164

25watt.JPG

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue with sequential indicators on our new Caravan when connected to our new Ranger Platinum. When the vehicle's ignition is on (not engine, indicators work perfectly. When engine is on, only 2 of the 12 indicator bulbs operate. We have tried adding the resistors as suggested but this made no difference. Anyone have a solution?

How and where did you fit the resistors ?

Auto electrician tried them both on the car and on the van and nothing fixed it. He even connected 12pin direct to battery for constant power supply (to test it further) and still didn't fix it.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, has anyone fixed this as I’m having same issue with my 2024 Swift that has the sequential indicators too.

dealer is talking to Sargent about it now.

54 minutes ago, HA54SYM said:

has anyone fixed this

Yes.

Correctly installed and connected load resistors fitted in the caravan (not the car) solves the issue.

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Yes.

Correctly installed and connected load resistors fitted in the caravan (not the car) solves the issue.

Thanks, looks like Sargeant are aware and sending an additional harness which I assume includes these resistors.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club