Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Running On 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simonsp

Good evening everyone. I broke down today and green flag said cause was coil pack. So I got one and still same problem, so I got another and still missfiring. So pulled leads off and 1 and 4 still no spark FROM coil pack. Are there relays that control each half of the coil pack? The car is a fiesta zetec 1.25. I must stress that there is no spark from coil pack on 1 and 4!!

Any ideas??

Cheers simon

Good evening everyone. I broke down today and green flag said cause was coil pack. So I got one and still same problem, so I got another and still missfiring. So pulled leads off and 1 and 4 still no spark FROM coil pack. Are there relays that control each half of the coil pack? The car is a fiesta zetec 1.25. I must stress that there is no spark from coil pack on 1 and 4!!

Any ideas??

Cheers simon

anyone please!

were they genuine coil packs as aftermarket ones tend be be worse than useless

Hello

May I suggest that you get a diagnostic check done on the ecu.

Check the Camshaft Sensor and the Crank sensor etc.

The ecu is ultimately what controls what happens when the engine is running.

Jamie

these engines use the 'wasted spark' method, where the spark plugs fire in pairs. i presume that 1 and 4 are pairs so you may have a wiring or ecu fault somewhere?

these engines use the 'wasted spark' method, where the spark plugs fire in pairs. i presume that 1 and 4 are pairs so you may have a wiring or ecu fault somewhere?

have to agree with stef here thats likely what caused the coil pack to fail initially

Well that is what i just said get the ecu checked out

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club