Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What MCA version do I have, and is it worth upgrading?

leeuk

I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out what MCA maps version I have installed? This is what comes up in the "SW/HW VERSIONS" section:

MAIN_VER_SH: 4033_120810

REG VERSION: DI_SWNAVI9.3C4P10

NAV_VER_SW: N2189VF__9.3C4P10

I can't find any list or anything online to actually decipher that information. I'm guessing it's probably never been updated since 2013. Also, I've noticed that the current 2022 MCA release on Ford's website for Europe & Turkey is labelled "Final Update", so I'm wondering if it's even worth bothering with? Looks like the SD card is available online for £25-30, but some people say that you should really update the firmware as well, and now my head is spinning with it all.

I've got a standalone tomtom GO 6200 sat nav with lifetime map updates, but ya know, having the navigation on the built-in console is just so handy. The MCA navigation is going to start getting more and more outdated, but it's handy for local journeys where I pretty much know where I'm going, but just need a bit of help on the last few streets. 

Any help or advice would be much appreciated! 

• 6 months later...

I would say it's definitely worth upgrading the map. The "old school" MCA navigation is fantastic. Yes, it does have some drawbacks - the TMC rerouting (in countries where it's supported) is close to useless as it reroutes you away from jams that are no longer there. And yes, sometimes the maps are out of date and don't take into account temporary closures etc. BUT being on offline system it never gets rattled by patchy internet signal. The actual navigation experience is fantastic - if you have Converse+ it shows you the distance to the next turn, with a pictogram showing side roads and intersections, right next to the speedo so you only need to glance at the centre console screen for the big picture, lane info etc. It can be controlled from the steering wheel (e.g. access recent destinations, saved destinations etc.). It's just there, all the time, and it just works. I might occasionally use my mobile phone (e.g. Apple Maps or Waze) to check for traffic jams if I'm in a real hurry or if there's some kind of temporary or very recent change to road access, but the amount of times I actually need to do this is surprisingly small. Generally I find using online systems only saves you a few minutes on most journeys, if at all. Update the maps every 2-3 years (about 30 euros a pop) and this is the only satnav you need 99 percent of the time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club