Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Wiper Problem. Focus

focus nut

I have a focus 02 model and when I press down the wiper lever to do one swipe and return it stops when I release the lever.

But if I hold it down it will carry on till I let it go.(works when held down,stops across the screen when let go)I have tried fitting another wiper motor & lever switch unit & have the same problem, Any suggestions...

I have a focus 02 model and when I press down the wiper lever to do one swipe and return it stops when I release the lever.

But if I hold it down it will carry on till I let it go.(works when held down,stops across the screen when let go)I have tried fitting another wiper motor & lever switch unit & have the same problem, Any suggestions...

what happens when you push it up one click?pushed down it will do what you say push up one setting it will do it automatically

what happens when you push it up one click?pushed down it will do what you say push up one setting it will do it automatically

When I push the lever up to independant,speed 1 & 2 it works fine.

When I push the lever up to independant,speed 1 & 2 it works fine.

does it still self park when you turn off in positions 1&2?

tom

No it does not self park when I turn it off from 1 & 2. I have to flick the lever down to park it or set it to independant...

I had the exact same problem with my MK1 Focus. I never bothered to get it fixed because I got used to it, but an independent garage told me it was most likely to be the wiper motors which would need replacing. I seem to remember they were quite expensive so I put up with this "feature"!

I had the exact same problem with my MK1 Focus. I never bothered to get it fixed because I got used to it, but an independent garage told me it was most likely to be the wiper motors which would need replacing. I seem to remember they were quite expensive so I put up with this "feature"!

Yes I think I will have to put up with it to,as I have for the past year or so,I did try fitting a second hand motor & lever switch which I knew worked & had the same prob...Ian

Hi

there is a switch inside the motor that becomes dirty(this is the self parking mechanism) you need to take cover of the wiper unit and clean the switch.easy if you are quite good at DIY.

tom

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club