Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Loss - Hot Days

Starman31

Hello, I have an smax 2010 2.2 and have owned it for nearly 2 years. When the weather is warm (above 24/25 degrees) and sat in traffic the car slowly looses power. If I can keep moving it’s ok. During the winter months doesn’t miss a beat and behaved itself. Recently drove to Devon (200 miles) and it was fine. (Travelled at night non stop). However during days out and sat in traffic it slowly lost power to the point I plant my foot and can’t get up a hill or over 20mph. When this happens no warning lights or error messages occur. I have been to multiple garages for diagnostics and had the fuel temp sensor changed as that flagged up. Hasn’t made any difference though. Has anybody else experienced this and if so any fixes? Many thanks. 

What country are you in ? Just that it only happens once in ten years that the temperatures in the UK exceed 25oC

I can't wait for global warming to kick in 🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club