Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is My Car Dead?

samregjones

Hi all, 

Wondering if you can help

I have a 2007 1.8TDCI which I think is dead, or at least not worth putting any more money into! But, I'm hoping there's a zero cost fix for the issue, i.e. checks I can do ect. 

Background of the issue, I replaced the crank pulley due to the original disintegrating, and whilst in there fitted a new tensioner and Aux belt. 

4/5 weeks later, the crank pulley removed its self leaving me sat at the side of the road. 

Now, I'm pretty sure I balls'd up by not turning the bolt another 180Deg after the first torque setting was completed. I was nervous we'd shear the bolt and then I'd be in real trouble! 

I've managed to refit everything and this time I did the second tightening task. 

However, Once the car was rebuilt, it will not start. I'm posting on here to see if anyone can recognise the issue from the video I took of me trying to start it. 

I'm thinking I've cooked it running the car with no aux belt, so no water pump or when the pulley came of has it some how damaged the wet belt meaning no fuel pump. 

Any suggestions would be great. 

There's engines for sale on eBay for about £500-£600, if you think the car is worth it, stick one of them in

• Like 2

No compression.  Not locking pistons against valves.  Definitely dead.

My guess would be lower belt snapped at speed losing both fuel pump and camshafts immediately.  Pistons continued turning, smashed valves and there will now be carnage internally.

If you want to remove the rocker cover you will see if any of the rockers are snapped.  But honestly, I think it's beyond saving.

Thanks. I had assumed that was the case. 

Off to the local scrap yard it goes then. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club