Do Not Sell My Personal Information

20 plate 155 mhev.

dav150n

Hi all. 
Newbie here. Tried searching but no results returned. 
I am buying a 20 plate ST Line X Edition on Friday and have a couple of questions. 
Should it come with a user manual and service book or is it all on line now??

Am I right in thinking the sub for the b&o system is now in the rear panel of the boot and not in the spare wheel well?? 

After many years owning predominately VAG cars are there any coding mods like there is with them via OBD port??  

Any help on any of these questions would be greatly appreciated. 

11 hours ago, dav150n said:

Should it come with a user manual and service book or is it all on line now??

Should have a book, service schedule is online now though

Am I right in thinking the sub for the b&o system is now in the rear panel of the boot and not in the spare wheel well?? 

2020 is the switch over point, could be either, pop the boot floor up, if it's there you know, if it isn't, it's in the side wall

After many years owning predominately VAG cars are there any coding mods like there is with them via OBD port??  

FORScan can activate features, plus lots more.

Loads of stuff on the MK8 Fiesta on the FORScan Forums, register and have a look, buy the recommended V-Linker or OBDLink-EX cable

Thanks for the reply Dave. Eased my mind with regards to the sub. It definitely doesn’t have a user manual or service book just a couple of receipts to say services have been carried out 🫣. I will have a look on that forscan forum that you mentioned too, thanks again. 

I have an idea that 2020 was about when Ford discontinued printed handbooks though I recall a few people saying they got one after that, presumably old stock at dealers.

Apparently you can get one of you wish (at a price) via the link here:

Where can I Get an Owner's Manual? 

If you've lost or misplaced your owner’s manual, or you've purchased a previously owned Ford that was supplied without a manual, you can buy a replacement online.  
Click here to purchase a replacement manual.  

Alternatively, you can view a digital version of your vehicle’s manual immediately by visiting the Owner Manuals section of the Ford support website.

Can I see my Owner's Manual Through SYNC?

If you have a vehicle with SYNC 4 or 4A, you can access your owner’s manual through your SYNC touchscreen and experience an easy-to-use visual guide to your car. Just tap the image of your vehicle to find the information you need.

How do I Find my Owner's Manual Using my Ford Account?     

Your Ford Account gives you instant access to an online version of your owner's manual.  

Simply click on the Owners Manuals tile on your Ford Account dashboard and enter your vehicle's details.  

Sign in to your Ford Account now and make managing your vehicle easier than ever.

How do I Find my Owner's Manual Using the FordPass App?

To locate your Owner's Manual in FordPass, use the steps below:

1. Open the FordPass App. 
  2. Select the service screen.
  3. Tap the Reference Guide tile. 
  4. Select Owner's Manual

According to Ford's website paper service books were only discontinued in 2022, though I'm sure members have reported earlier dates?

How do I find my vehicle’s service history?

Depending on the age of your vehicle, its service history may be found online via your Ford Account and FordPass* app. All Ford vehicles sold since 2022 have been supplied with a Digital Service Record. Older vehicles were supplied with a printed service book. 

Authorised Ford service technicians and mechanics may be able to source your vehicle’s servicing and maintenance records, although this is dependent on the processes implemented by the individual service provider. 

How to access your vehicle’s service history online

You can access your vehicle’s service history by clicking the Service History tile within Ford Account. Here you will be able to see details of previous services, including dates, locations, services completed and other useful information from your vehicle's history. 

How to access your vehicle’s service history via the printed service book

We always recommend that sellers pass on the supplied printed service book to a vehicle’s new owner. If you did not receive the service book with your vehicle, we would suggest contacting your seller.

DISCLAIMER:

*FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply. 

20 hours ago, dav150n said:

In the November 2019 Price list/order guide the sub-woofer was shown as in the sidewall of the boot.

Thanks for the info guys. 

Car is nearing 40000 and from what service history is there it has only had two oil changes done. Any idea when air/pollen/plugs should have/be changed??

oil & filter every 2 years or 18k.

Spark plugs & air filter every 4 years or 36k.

Aux belt every 4 years or 72k. (MHEV only)

oil pump belt 10 years or 144k.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Oil & filter every 2 years or 18k.

Aux belt every 4 years or 72k. (MHEV only)

Oil pump belt 10 years or 144k.

Thank you. Any recommendations for filter and plugs??

6 minutes ago, dav150n said:

Thank you. Any recommendations for filter and plugs??

Pollen filter is recommended at every scheduled service.  So every 2 years on these.  Though some people prefer to have them done every year.

30 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Pollen filter is recommended at every scheduled service.  So every 2 years on these.  Though some people prefer to have them done every year.

Thanks again mate. 
Any recommendations of type/make filter and plugs people are fitting??

13 hours ago, dav150n said:

Any recommendations of type/make filter and plugs people are fitting??

I've just stuck with genuine parts for the last few years tbh.  Can usually find them cheap enough on eBay or even direct from dealers.  In reality it doesn't matter much though.  Just make sure the oil is absolutely the correct spec to reduce the risk of damage to the oil pump belt.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club