Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.25 Zetec Maf Sensor And Idle Control Valve

snipersteve

Evening All

New to the forum so a big hello to everyone.

I have a Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec 1998.

Could someone please tell me where the MAF Sensor is and also where the Idle Control Valve is, what they both look like and if you have a picture/s that you could post on here that would be even better I want to clean both of these components. So if someone could help me on this I would be very thankful. Look forward to your replies.

Evening All

New to the forum so a big hello to everyone.

I have a Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec 1998.

Could someone please tell me where the MAF Sensor is and also where the Idle Control Valve is, what they both look like and if you have a picture/s that you could post on here that would be even better I want to clean both of these components. So if someone could help me on this I would be very thankful. Look forward to your replies.

Hi Did I ask a question where no-one knows where these two items are on the car ?

Hi Did I ask a question where no-one knows where these two items are on the car ?

kinda late reply i know but the MAF (mass airflow sensor) is located on the large pipe leading from the airbox to the engine, its rectangle shape (not all fiestas have it)

DSCN0355.jpg

the idle control valve is number 1 in this picture (with red arrow), the maf is just below number 3 (which is the airbox temp sensor)

http://media.photobucket.com/image/mk4%20fiesta%20idle%20control%20valve/fiestaownersclub/Mk45Idleprobs1.jpg

also the throttle position sensor is number 2 :)

p.s

i would not clean the MAF, its a very sensitive component that measures air rushing past it and can be broken very easily, they are cheap to buy on eBay, simply buy a replacement if in doubt :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club