Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading To Mp3/cd Changer

hillmangimp

Hi,

I have a 2005 Ford Focus with the Ford factory fit single cd player (CD 6000 model). I am thinking of upgrading to either the Sony mp3 or Sony CD changer that was found on Ghia and Titanium models of that era. I have seen these used on eBay for up to £200. My question is how much would a Ford dealer charge for this unit brand new (if they still sell them) or if Ford don't sell them where else would sell these units new? Secondly would the newer generation of the Sony units (found on the mk 2.5 facelift) fit the mark 2 models?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a 2005 Ford Focus with the Ford factory fit single cd player (CD 6000 model). I am thinking of upgrading to either the Sony mp3 or Sony CD changer that was found on Ghia and Titanium models of that era. I have seen these used on ebay for up to £200. My question is how much would a Ford dealer charge for this unit brand new (if they still sell them) or if Ford don't sell them where else would sell these units new? Secondly would the newer generation of the Sony units (found on the mk 2.5 facelift) fit the mark 2 models?

Thanks.

i have a mk2 titanium with the sony cd player, its an amazing stereo, i imagine ford could get hold of one if required but im sure it would be VERY expensive, as long as you get the code then one from eBay should be fine. fitting it is REALLY easy, literally plug and play (you can buy special keys to remove the stereo on ebay)

as far as im aware the newer unit on the mk2.5 focus is smaller and more curvey, it wont fit the mk2 as stock but perhapse there is a faceplate that could make it fit? personally i prefer the way the older black sony model looks and works. personal preference though :P

i have a mk2 titanium with the sony cd player, its an amazing stereo, i imagine ford could get hold of one if required but im sure it would be VERY expensive, as long as you get the code then one from ebay should be fine. fitting it is REALLY easy, literally plug and play (you can buy special keys to remove the stereo on ebay)

as far as im aware the newer unit on the mk2.5 focus is smaller and more curvey, it wont fit the mk2 as stock but perhapse there is a faceplate that could make it fit? personally i prefer the way the older black sony model looks and works. personal preference though :P

Thanks for that, top stuff and answered my query. Do you have the MP3 unit or CD changer unit?

Thanks for that, top stuff and answered my query. Do you have the MP3 unit or CD changer unit?

I have the mp3 unit, you can fit over 100 tracks on a single CD so theres no need for a changer :) in my experience cd changers in cars always seem to get stuck and jam meaning they have to be sent away by ford to be repaired (costly and leaves you without a stereo for weeks) i perfer the mp3 version like the one in the pic below

144.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club