Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fusion 1.6 tdci, limp mode with no obd codes

stevads61

i,m in wales with the ridiculous 20mph limit.

even before that my wifes 1.6 tdci 2008 would get the steady red light and flashing orange cog light on the dash and go into limp mode, making acceleration slower but you can still get up to 70mph. it doesnt bring up any obd codes and is sometimes intermittent so when not showing i could go up the bypass at speed to blow it thru.

now after the 20mph B/S the fault is showing almost permanently,  and this will affect any diesels just doing short journeys

i,m changing the egr valve and have been looking for an o2 sensor but cannot find one anywhere online, it may be different to the 1.4 tdci sensor.

fusion diesels just have the egr and a cat up to 2010 i think.  i,ve heard of garages charging £500 just to clean a dpf

there is nothing about this on any forums that i can find,

after diagnosing with obd and no codes showing, i can erase any saved emmision related data but that doesnt always switch the lights off..

if all else fails i,m going to remove the cat, block up the bottom end and fill with boiling water and strong detergent for my own cleaning method, then blow it through.

in the picture the engine isnt running so the oil  and mil (engine symbol) lights go out when running.

i have now got the mrs an 09 1.4tdci and we,ll see how long it takes to get the same problem but i will be giving it a regular blast on the bypass.

anyone else with the same problem.

fusion warning lights.12,23,.jpg

On 1/6/2024 at 11:59 PM, stevads61 said:

i,m in wales with the ridiculous 20mph limit.

even before that my wifes 1.6 tdci 2008 would get the steady red light and flashing orange cog light on the dash and go into limp mode, making acceleration slower but you can still get up to 70mph. it doesnt bring up any obd codes and is sometimes intermittent so when not showing i could go up the bypass at speed to blow it thru.

now after the 20mph B/S the fault is showing almost permanently,  and this will affect any diesels just doing short journeys

i,m changing the egr valve and have been looking for an o2 sensor but cannot find one anywhere online, it may be different to the 1.4 tdci sensor.

fusion diesels just have the egr and a cat up to 2010 i think.  i,ve heard of garages charging £500 just to clean a dpf

there is nothing about this on any forums that i can find,

after diagnosing with obd and no codes showing, i can erase any saved emmision related data but that doesnt always switch the lights off..

if all else fails i,m going to remove the cat, block up the bottom end and fill with boiling water and strong detergent for my own cleaning method, then blow it through.

in the picture the engine isnt running so the oil  and mil (engine symbol) lights go out when running.

i have now got the mrs an 09 1.4tdci and we,ll see how long it takes to get the same problem but i will be giving it a regular blast on the bypass.

anyone else with the same problem.

fusion warning lights.12,23,.jpg

Picked up the same problem with my 2006 Fiesta 1.6 TDCi, same dash layout as yours,  also no codes but that "cog" light just doesn`t wanna disappear 😞 

See my post under the Fiesta Club called "Powertrain Malfunction"

Hope you come right, I will revert back if I do...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club