Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pre collision assist 2019 models

Alex.S

Had the car from new. If anyone had any doubt if the pre collision assist works or not I can tell you.. it works 100% !! It’s just saved my bacon! 
Doing 35 mph , car in front brakes hard as I’m changing radio station, in that split second the focus dropped anchor ..proper emergency stop. I’ve had a few false alarms years ago so changed sensitivity to low iirc. Anyway it works , it would take balls of steel to properly test it , hopefully last time I’ll need it. 

• Like 4

Very good to know it works just like it says on the tin 😀

Now do you know if the hazard lights flashed ? There once was a thread on here of a guy determined to find out if they would work he crashed !!! He couldn't seem to grasp that you would need to actually crash or get to the 99% nearly crashed state for them to work 🤣

Glad to know you're safe and well 👍

• Like 1

The dash flashing red makes you brake straight away , we’ve all had false alarms  before but it braked quicker than I could mentally react , talking a vital second or two literally. In 4.5 years I’ve never seen anyone post about it working for them. Good feature 10/10 

22 minutes ago, unofix said:

He couldn't seem to grasp that you would need to actuallycrash or get to the 99% nearly crashed state for them to work 🤣

lol it was a 5 second incident, hazards might have blinked once 😉 

It’s definitely not something I’d like to recreate ! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

.. it works 100% !! It’s just saved my bacon! ...

This 'bacon' you speak of. Was it securely packed in a bag in the boot, or just carelessly left on a seat inside the cabin? 😁

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

This 'bacon' you speak of. Was it securely packed in a bag in the boot, or just carelessly left on a seat inside the cabin? 😁

Bacon is a big part of my life. 🤤 

• Haha 2

I'm glad you posted that. I still shake my head when I read posts from people who think they are hard done by because it is enabled by default.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club