Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front driver side suddenly creaky

Spidey93

Hi all,

Just a quick question.  Have just gotten home from about 90 minutes drive from my parents.  It was me, my partner  in the front and my toddler in the back seat.

Also in the car was luggage (weekend away at my parents), shopping and some other stuff like prams etc. So the car was pretty heavy- much heavier than our normal trips.

Towards the end of the journey, I started hearing creaks coming from what sounded like the drivers side. Some quieter than others, usually when pulling away or going slowly through town.

Drove the car over some speed bumps, and one minute the creaks are there. But, they seemed to just.. disappeared again after a while.

My partner pressed on all four corners (he's significantly bigger than me!) when we had parked and there's no noise whatsoever. I also had my MOT about three weeks ago, and the suspension flew through with flying colours... (the indicator light didn't, but that's another story).

Anyone know what the phantom noise could be? I'm a bit broke at the moment, so expensive garage bills are not welcome in my life at the moment.

Edit - forgot the cars info! ford fiesta, ZTec, 2014 plate.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club