Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wipers..

focusdriver

Hi,

I normally get new front and rear wipers fitted by the Ford Dealer on the yearly service.  But - this year they wanted £90 which I think is a bit excessive.

Can anyone recommend where to buy wipers from.  Also, how difficult are they too fit?

My focus is a 2019 (Mark 4 I think)

Thanks

Never used them (for fitting) but I guess Halfords would supply and fit them for less.

I would expect to pay £20-£30 for a pair of front wipers and around £10-£15 for a rear wiper.  Probably around £5 to fit (but that might be per blade).

They arent that difficult to fit yourself.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AlanC2 said:

Never used them (for fitting) but I guess Halfords would supply and fit them for less.

I would expect to pay £20-£30 for a pair of front wipers and around £10-£15 for a rear wiper.  Probably around £5 to fit (but that might be per blade).

They arent that difficult to fit yourself.

Thanks AlanC2.

Another question - Halfords sell a "basic" flat wiper for around £10 each, and and advanced Silicon wiper for around £30 each.  I wonder if it's worth paying for the £30 wiper?  - better wiping, longevity?

1 hour ago, focusdriver said:

better wiping, longevity?

Didn't you just say that you change them every year ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Go on, save yourself a few bob, do it yourself. Never paid a garage in my 40+ motoring years to replace a simple wiper blade... Oh, always buy the correct 'specific' blade for your car, don't bother with 'universal' fitments that come with a 1000 attachments!

• Like 5

Replaced my wipers on Friday with Bosch Aerotwins fromHalfords (where I found my discount card didn’t work 😳)

Money for nothing paying for them to be changed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, troy45 said:

(where I found my discount card didn’t work 😳)

Yes the card is now scrap.

Message FOC admin and they will send you a new code, but it's only for 8% now 🙁

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So I did a search for wipers for my car on Halfords.com by entering my reg, and it came back with 20", 24, and 26" wipers.  I think 20" is the smaller wiper, but how would I know the size of the other wiper (without going out in the rain to measure it..:))

3 minutes ago, focusdriver said:

... (without going out in the rain to measure it..:))

Wait till it stops raining! LOL I never trust online databases for such easily measured stats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, focusdriver said:

I normally get new front and rear wipers fitted by the Ford Dealer on the yearly service.

Why do you change the wipers every year?

I bought my car (used) nearly five years ago, and I haven't changed the wipers yet. They still work as well as they ever did. I'll change them when I notice that they are split or not wiping the windscreen properly, and even then I'll try cleaning them first.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Janner7859 said:

Think of all the employment the poster creates and also supporting FoMoCo parts department too. The guy needs applauding, not castigated 🤣

• Haha 4

You may find that genuine ones from your Ford dealer are not much dearer and you know they will fit. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StephenFord said:

The guy needs applauding, not castigated 🤣

I wouldn't castrate someone just for over spending on windscreen wipers.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I recall quite a few people on here using:

https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/

Got some from there myself during one of the lockdowns. Not bought any blades recently, but at the time they were competitively priced for Bosch and very prompt delivery.

• Like 2

I got Bosch A089S for mine, £21 about 6 months ago. Fitted them myself.

• Like 1

Mk4 Focus fronts - Genuine Ford Ford Focus MK4 Front Aero Flat Wiper Blades Kit Of 2 2018- 2407545 | eBay

Mk4 hatchback rear - Genuine Ford Focus MK4 Hatch Kuga Mk1 S-Max WA6 Rear Wiper Blade 2120572 | eBay

Use code FRESH20 for discount.

(Please double check using reg number before ordering)

• Thanks 1

I prefer the flat Wiper Blades, I fitted some to the last car I had before this one. They seem to make a better job of clearing the windscreen.

46 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I got Bosch A089S for mine, £21 about 6 months ago. Fitted them myself.

£19.50 on eBay currently. Bosch Front Window Windscreen Car Wiper Blades Aerotwin 650mm+500mm A089S | eBay

Oooh...£17.07 on eBay using FRESH20 discount code 2x Wiper Blades (Pair) Flat Aero type A089S 3397007089 Bosch Aerotwin 650/500mm | eBay

Can anyone beat that? :biggrin: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Can anyone beat that?

Aldi, centre aisle next Tuesday ? 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Aldi, centre aisle next Tuesday ? 🤣🤣

They won't be the Bosch direct fit though will they?  Presumably wobbly & frustrating 'multi-fitment'.

There are some on eBay for £8.99 a pair claiming to be perfect fit which I'm tempted by. 🤔  Though I may have found a Bosch pair for under £12 for my own car. :ninja:  The vehicle seller only replaced one blade during the pre-sale checks last year.  The other just about passed MOT last year but is obviously knackered now.  I know I'll need to replace it if I MOT it again this year.  Still not sure whether to just let it lapse while it's SORN anyway though.

The larger of the original front ones measures nearer 625 than 650mm so are approx 1 inch shorter than the aftermarket ones, which will fit without catching. 

I don't think that anyone does aftermarket ones that are the exact same size as original so if the OP is fussy about his blades then he may be better off sticking with the Ford ones.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 8:50 PM, Janner7859 said:

I bought my car (used) nearly five years ago, and I haven't changed the wipers yet. They still work as well as they ever did. I'll change them when I notice that they are split or not wiping the windscreen properly, and even then I'll try cleaning them first.

You can't get away with that with auto wipers, if they leave smears you get false or fast wiping

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club