Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apparently random parking lights on Fiesta Titanium

Aslansmum61

Hi, I have a nearly new Fiesta Titanium and I noticed that the parking lights were on when I started the car, on in reverse, and early on after setting off, they come on when applying the brakes. After a while, they stay off. Occasionally there is only one lit up. The light switch is set to auto. I'm really confused. 

I've had it less than 6 months, but the dealer I bought it from is a 100 mile round trip away.  

What can I do to check if they are functioning properly? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Aslansmum61 said:

I'm really confused. 

I'm confused how you can see the parking lights and what they are doing when you're driving? 

• Haha 1

What are Parking lights?

13 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

What are Parking lights?

Used to be called "Side Lights" in a previous life. 😉

Since it is now illegal to drive with only sidelights on (in poor weather or in the dark), they have been renamed Parking lights. You can only turn them on by changing the auto light switch to what we still think of as the side light position. Of course cars now have Day Running Lights (DRL's) which I suspect the OP is getting confused with. Or it could be the use of the front fog lights as Cornering lights that is confusing.

23 hours ago, unofix said:

I'm confused how you can see the parking lights and what they are doing when you're driving? 

I could see the more yellow of the side/parking light on the road, and reflected in my front door as I set off 😀

4 hours ago, unofix said:

Used to be called "Side Lights" in a previous life. 😉

Since it is now illegal to drive with only sidelights on (in poor weather or in the dark), they have been renamed Parking lights. You can only turn them on by changing the auto light switch to what we still think of as the side light position. Of course cars now have Day Running Lights (DRL's) which I suspect the OP is getting confused with. Or it could be the use of the front fog lights as Cornering lights that is confusing.

What's OP? And using front fog lights as cornering lights? What do you mean, please?

On 3/20/2024 at 12:02 AM, Aslansmum61 said:

OP = Original Poster 

Many new cars use their front fog lights as "Cornering lights" which means that when you turn the steering slightly left or right then just the left or right fog light comes on. In my own view a totally stupid idea but there you go. 

• Like 2

Cornering lights also both come on in reverse so that you can avoid scraping the front corners of the car on low walls when reverse parking...assuming you're looking forward at the time...  In which case you've probably hit something behind anyway.  

Maybe best just to get active park assist and let the car park itself! :biggrin: 

• Haha 2

Not sure exactly what year car is being discussed here. Profile says 2020 which is 4 years old but post mentions "nearly new"? 

A 2020 Mk 8 did have seperate fog lights, but a Mk 8.5 from late 2021-on doesn't.

• Like 2

........will Jenny return ? 🤔

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club